or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Names? - Page 3

post #41 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
another vote for Aubrey!

I like both the boys names, but Elias looks so close to Ellie, that I'd lean more towards Wyatt (IMHO )
Yep, I kinda agree with you on that one. People already think is goofy that my name is Kelly and we have an Ellie
post #42 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelavenue View Post
Anybody care to share their name possibilities?

We are thinking Georgia for a girl, and Harris, Samuel or Walker for a boy.
Georgia is so adorable for a girl! I love it. For some reason I haven't been thinking of too many girls names which are usually easier for me. Last time around we toyed with Vivian and Bridget but I'm not sure. For a boy, though, I really like Kanan and Kellan.

Oh and just as a sidebar I have an Alexandria, Curran, Brenden, and Aoibheann (pronounced Eavan).
post #43 of 68
We like Ella Grace or Teagan Nicole (my mn) for a girl.

Bryce Mitchell (DP's mn) or Grant Mitchell for a boy.
post #44 of 68
Wow - lots of great names. We have 2 daughters, Indira and Maya so I guess I would like a girl's name to end in "a". Right now for a girl we like Neela. I like Tala, Tula, Thalia...my DH does not like any of them.

And for a boy we like Bodhi. I like Ezra and Silas but again DH does not like either.

We never really had many names that we agreed on for either of my previous pregnancies. With Indira, I loved the name Maya (at the time DH did not) but I had a dream about a week before I was due where she came to me (so I knew I was having a girl) and said something like "I am not Maya". So we came up with Indira (Indi) and it totally fits her.
When I got pregnant again, I just knew it was Maya and we never really talked about it. About a week before I was due, my friends kept bugging me about how I didn't REALLY know I was having a girl so I looked at my friend's old name list and picked the boy name Kai. My brother liked it so much that him and my SIL named their son Kai about 9 months after Maya was born (they did not steal the name in anyway...I love my nephew Kai I just won't name a son Kai but it is a great name).
post #45 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Michelle View Post
Wow - lots of great names. We have 2 daughters, Indira and Maya so I guess I would like a girl's name to end in "a". Right now for a girl we like Neela. I like Tala, Tula, Thalia...my DH does not like any of them.

And for a boy we like Bodhi. I like Ezra and Silas but again DH does not like either.
Well you have Indian names for your first two daughers, you clearly need Indian names for all your children!

I love it when people choose names from my heritage. I think it's such an honor. I knew a (white) guy in college whose name was Govind, just cuz his parents thought it was a cool name.
post #46 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Well you have Indian names for your first two daughers, you clearly need Indian names for all your children!
I agree! I liked Maya before I knew it was an Indian name. But after we picked Indi's name I thought it was cool that Maya is also an Indian name. An Indian friend of mine (who I have lost touch with) thought it was so funny because one her grandmothers was Indira and one of her husband's grandmothers was Maya. I would like to know the rest of their grandparent's names for some good ideas
post #47 of 68
Anyone want to comment on the name Delilah Marie (last name pronounced Fy-kert)? I think it sounds okay but I don't trust my pregnancy brain.
post #48 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
Anyone want to comment on the name Delilah Marie (last name pronounced Fy-kert)? I think it sounds okay but I don't trust my pregnancy brain.
I like it. I think it flows very nicely!
post #49 of 68
The shortlist currently consists of: Judith Mary or Michaela Ruth. Boys: Sidney, Jasper or Richard have been mentioned, but we're still getting used to the idea of being pregnant really.
post #50 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtougod View Post
The shortlist currently consists of: Judith Mary or Michaela Ruth. Boys: Sidney, Jasper or Richard have been mentioned, but we're still getting used to the idea of being pregnant really.
I love Judith, Sidney & Jasper!
post #51 of 68
Yay for SAGE! That's my daughter's name...Sage Astrid (smart and beautiful...ha!) Everyone looked at me so weird when we named her that, but it is soooo fitting, and so easy for her now she is learning to write her name.

I love nature names. Rain, Stormy, Thundercloud (j/k) and all kinds of plant names.

I like the name Lyric...but uh, my name is Harmony...so that seems weird. I also like Cadence for a girl. Ahem...another music name? Oh and I love Story.

I really like Z names, like Zia. (Dandy Warhols? I think?) Dh not so much, I still have time to work on him.

For a boy we both like Reiko...not sure of the spelling...Ray-koh is the pronouncement.

These are just names we have thrown around for a while, we haven't talked names this pregnancy. I think we are superstitious. One thing that I know is that I don't like naming them till we meet them. So we had a few names for Sage, but when we met her we named her Sage.

I love books, I love music and I love nature...now I need some art names.
:
post #52 of 68
My girl names are:

Lila Anne ( pronounced lie- la)
Penelope Anne

Boy is set as:
Jasper Jacob
post #53 of 68
Our son's name is Rowan Miles. We LOVE his name. Rowan was basically the only boy name we could come up with for him. When I think about it now, I feel like he told us what he wanted to be named.

For this baby I have been getting messages that it is a girl and that she wants us to name her Mora. I have never even heard this name before. It came to me and then I looked it up. It is Spanish for 'little blueberry'. Before Mora came to me I was sure that I would name a daughter Willow Fea. But, if she wants to be named Mora, who I am to deny that? So I will name her Mora Fae.

For all of you who think I am crazy... that's OK. My son has shown so many signs of intense psychic abilities. I am sure it is no accident that my daughter is already communicating with me. For any of you who also have psychic children, then you understand.
post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedEarthMother View Post
For all of you who think I am crazy... that's OK. My son has shown so many signs of intense psychic abilities. I am sure it is no accident that my daughter is already communicating with me. For any of you who also have psychic children, then you understand.
I totally feel the same way with my children - they both had a hand in picking their names. I hope I get some insight with this new babe's name too.
post #55 of 68
Harmony... Lyric is on our name list, too! Lyric, Story.. my family thinks I'm nuts. lol
post #56 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraReaux View Post
Harmony... Lyric is on our name list, too! Lyric, Story.. my family thinks I'm nuts. lol
I distinctly remember my SIL asking what we were going to name our DD. When my DH said, "Liberty" her response was to laugh and say, "no, really, have you picked out a name?"

Tactful, huh?
post #57 of 68
What do you all think of Maximus?
post #58 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
I distinctly remember my SIL asking what we were going to name our DD. When my DH said, "Liberty" her response was to laugh and say, "no, really, have you picked out a name?"

Tactful, huh?
What a winner. lol
post #59 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMamiBella View Post
What do you all think of Maximus?
I really like the nn Max
post #60 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
I distinctly remember my SIL asking what we were going to name our DD. When my DH said, "Liberty" her response was to laugh and say, "no, really, have you picked out a name?"

Tactful, huh?
I met a woman in Hawaii named Liberty. I had never heard it as a name before. It's neat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2009