or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone in Bay Area in CA? - Page 3

post #41 of 83

Sf

DMarieV-- I live in San Francisco and am also pregnant...i think our due dates are close, as mine is June 25th, what is yours?
post #42 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanaRose View Post
DMarieV-- I live in San Francisco and am also pregnant...i think our due dates are close, as mine is June 25th, what is yours?

Mine is between June 18th and 20th. And sorry it has taken so long for me to post again, I got caught up with moving and forgot I even posted this thread. Sorry!
I moved to Tracy CA, but I am back in San Jose every other weekend, if not more often.
post #43 of 83
SF here too! We're still around, mama HeatherRN!
post #44 of 83
Concord here!
post #45 of 83
I'm in San Jose!
post #46 of 83
another sunnyvale mama here! i have a 15 mo dd any interest for getting together??
post #47 of 83

I'm in SF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherRN View Post
On Haight Street in SF. So surprised that the rest of the SF mamas I know aren't posting here anymore. Guess we are all too busy with toddlers
Hello, I live in the panhandle in San Francisco, and i find like you that most moms on this are from outside of SF, i am busy with my toddler and a 3 months old baby, and a dog, and....of course, my man!
post #48 of 83
Quote:
My doula was Allison Riche (based in San Jose) and she was great!
I would have second Allison! She was really good

Oh, I know some of you are talking of get togethers. There is a small Holistic Moms Network group in San Jose that started about a year ago. We do craft nights weekly and last weekend we were dying playsilks (they are sooo cool!). We also have an art playgroup every once and a while and there is a playgroup that seems to be starting on fridays. Anyway, I found them through MDC so you should definitely check them out

http://home.homewebs.com/hmnsanjoseca/
post #49 of 83
Are there any other mamas in Marin? I'm having a hard time finding other NFL/AP mamas around here. Which is surprising because it seems like such a crunchy area. We moved here back in July and it's been lonely. We've actually talked about moving to the East Bay in hopes of finding more like-minded families.
post #50 of 83
I'm in San Francisco too
post #51 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by junipermuse View Post
Are there any other mamas in Marin? I'm having a hard time finding other NFL/AP mamas around here. Which is surprising because it seems like such a crunchy area. We moved here back in July and it's been lonely. We've actually talked about moving to the East Bay in hopes of finding more like-minded families.
I'm in Marin! San Rafael area. We moved here in midsummer. I also was a little surprised at how conventional many of the parents are around here - and how few resources I can find close to home. What part of Marin are you in?
post #52 of 83
Marin Mamas-

Have you tried looking on meetup.com for a playgroup? We just moved to Sonoma from Marin and I did this and met some nice new moms and kids. I think there used to be a great AP playgroup out of San Rafael, but I can't find it. This one in Sausalito looks nice.

http://www.meetup.com/marinmommas/

Also- look to Fairfax for the biggest cluster of AP/ NFL parents.
post #53 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelika13 View Post
Marin Mamas-

Have you tried looking on meetup.com for a playgroup? We just moved to Sonoma from Marin and I did this and met some nice new moms and kids. I think there used to be a great AP playgroup out of San Rafael, but I can't find it. This one in Sausalito looks nice.

http://www.meetup.com/marinmommas/

Also- look to Fairfax for the biggest cluster of AP/ NFL parents.
I did look it up when I learned I was pg, and I liked that group too... but unfortunately it says in their statement that they're only accepting referrals from existing members.
post #54 of 83
I'm in Marin, and would love to meet up with other like minded moms.
post #55 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by grethel View Post
I did look it up when I learned I was pg, and I liked that group too... but unfortunately it says in their statement that they're only accepting referrals from existing members.
Email them. I have found they say that to limit lots of new people, but are usually pretty open to new like minded mamas. The group I belong to used to get 10+ new sign ups a week and then people would not participate etc so they closed it. We still actually accept new people, they just need to email in and be really interested in participating.
post #56 of 83
Oakland here!
post #57 of 83
I'll be in Petaluma in a month (Who hoo! Can't wait!) just long enough to drop a kid and then on to Santa Clara to live the good 'ol American Dream. At least some version of it.
post #58 of 83
Oh how I miss the bay area! I'm so homesick!!! I lived in Santa Rosa for 9 years and I wish I could go back. We moved out to the Sacramento area for my husband's job. I am so lost out here! I still haven't really made friends and it's been like 9 months. I'm still looking for a hair salon I like. I miss knowing where everything is. I miss having everything in one basic area instead of having to drive 25-35 minutes for EVERYTHING (I live in Antelope which is kind of inconveniently located). I miss my friends.
post #59 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Oh how I miss the bay area! I'm so homesick!!! I lived in Santa Rosa for 9 years and I wish I could go back. We moved out to the Sacramento area for my husband's job. I am so lost out here! I still haven't really made friends and it's been like 9 months. I'm still looking for a hair salon I like. I miss knowing where everything is. I miss having everything in one basic area instead of having to drive 25-35 minutes for EVERYTHING (I live in Antelope which is kind of inconveniently located). I miss my friends.

I hear ya! I'm a Bay Area girl and I've been in Omaha Nebraska for the last year. >shudder<
post #60 of 83
I'm moving to berkeley!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: California, Nevada