or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone in Bay Area in CA? - Page 4

post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magelet View Post
I'm moving to berkeley!
You're so lucky! That's such a great place to live. It's like the Hippie Capital! Tons of green companies out there, green homes, health food stores, great little shops with sustainable products, street vendors, yoga studios...I love Berkley. I used to drive out there with my friends just for the shopping!
post #62 of 83
Yeah, I've been driving to Berkeley 2+ times a week, to volunteer at three stone hearth, look for jobs and studio apartments. I'm super excited. I'm also a little nervous since its my first place of my own, but mostly, I'm excited to have my own place and to be moving in with my dp. (he is moving from denver to come live with me
post #63 of 83
I'm in the city... Bayview

new here and hopefully can meet some more SF area mamas
post #64 of 83
I'm in Oakland.
post #65 of 83
Quote:
I'm moving to berkeley!
Yeah! I'm in Albany and go to grad school in Berkeley
post #66 of 83

Walnut Creek : John Muir Hospital

- What are your experiences?
- What have you heard?
- In a hospital setting, where and with whom is a physiological (rather than medical) birth most likely to happen?

My sister-in-law is planning to have an unmedicated birth at John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek, California. From what I can tell online, it doesn't look like the friendliest place for natural childbirth.

Thanks,
Lydia

PS -- Yes, I'm posting this in a couple of places to increase chances of first-hand feedback.
post #67 of 83
My sister had a natural birth at John Muir. Her OB was a former midwife. I could try to find out her name but I can't remember it atm.
post #68 of 83
Hi! Live in Alameda, work in SF.
post #69 of 83
Hi,

North Berkeley here..basically on the border of Albany.

Are there any mothering.com get togethers for our area? Any mommas with babies?

Cindy
post #70 of 83
I live on the coastside. Anyone else live out here? I would think there would be some other AP hippie mamas on here. I would love to get together as well. Maybe even on the peninsula.
post #71 of 83
I don't know if there are any get togethers. I'm in north berkeley as well, no babies yet though.:
post #72 of 83
We just moved to San Francisco from Seattle a month ago, and I'd love to meet up with any mamas and kiddos in the city. We live in the Sunset but are in the Mission a lot as that's where my DH works. We have one DD who is almost 18 months old.

Anybody interested in meeting up (at a playground, maybe?) sometime soon?
post #73 of 83
I'd be up for a meetup. My DD is 5 months.

Cindy
post #74 of 83
I'm in Oakland and am also suprised at the lack of NFL/AP families I encounter. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place...
post #75 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Hi,

North Berkeley here..basically on the border of Albany.

Are there any mothering.com get togethers for our area? Any mommas with babies?

Cindy
Meetup.com has an AP group in the east bay and I'm sure there are some mamas with infants. I'd be up for a playdate, but my dd is a bit older (3.5) and has baby fever so, unless your little one likes strange children petting her and trying to dress her, it might not work out so well
post #76 of 83
Thanks. I did join the meetup group but have yet to make it to a get together. Most of them are at least half hour drive from me, despite being in the east bay. And I haven't heard of any meetups in the past few weeks. I think I'll go check that out right now...

Cindy
post #77 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Thanks. I did join the meetup group but have yet to make it to a get together. Most of them are at least half hour drive from me, despite being in the east bay. And I haven't heard of any meetups in the past few weeks. I think I'll go check that out right now...

Cindy
I think you can suggest your own, if you don't see any currently listed. There is also a message board area where you can look for people (although I don't think it is very high traffic). Also, if I recall correctly, a few months ago some members formed a split-off group for Albany parents which is hosted through yahoogroups (I don't do yahoogroups, so I don't have the link for it). But you could always ask for the link on the message board and check that out as well.
post #78 of 83
An albany group - yay! Thanks for letting me know. I hope I can find some info about it. :-)

Cindy
post #79 of 83
My first waas born there by unnecessarean, home births from then on.
post #80 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrunchyMama View Post
- What are your experiences?
- What have you heard?
- In a hospital setting, where and with whom is a physiological (rather than medical) birth most likely to happen?

My sister-in-law is planning to have an unmedicated birth at John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek, California. From what I can tell online, it doesn't look like the friendliest place for natural childbirth.

Thanks,
Lydia

PS -- Yes, I'm posting this in a couple of places to increase chances of first-hand feedback.
I had my first baby there by unnecessarean. home births for the last two.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: California, Nevada