Mothering Forum banner

What've you got?

• Influenza (really sick - high fever, chills, bad cough, aches, in bed)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Bad cold (feel pretty crappy, but it's not "The Flu")

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Mild cold (runny nose and/or cough, but still functioning)

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Sinus infection

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Ear infection

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Bad stomach bug (can't hold anything down, feel awful)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Mild stomach bug (vomiting 1-2x, some nausea)

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other - Do tell!

Votes: 7 11.3%

What's going around your family? (multiple choice!)

1K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  ABand3 
#1 ·
To take my mind off of the bug of the month, which is circulating predictably from one of my kids to another (with dh and me barely feeling ok), I was wondering what everyone else has? Multiple choice!

Influenza - days of chills, fever, cough, aches, want to sleep all day, etc.
Bad cold - low energy, stuffy nose and/or cough, feeling crappy
Mild cold - runny noses (e.g.) but nothing bad
Sinus infection
Ear infection
Bad stomach bug - Bad repeat vomiting, can't hold anything down, feel awful
Mild stomach bug - Vomiting 1-2x, some leftover nausea, feel blah
Other - Do tell!

We're dealing with a mild stomach bug here. Don't feel bad enough to stay in bed all day but still feel pretty darn gross.

#7 ·
Today is day 5 of intermittent vomiting and diarrhea. SWEET!

I suspect rotavirus, but we're headed out the door in an hour to see the doc and know for sure what it is. DS, the poor guy, puked for pooped for two days then had one day off, and has been back on the puke/poop routine for another two. Poor guy! DH and I feel a little achy and rumbly in the tumbly, but otherwise, we're good.

It's super sad! My normally vibrant, pot-bellied babe is skulking about the house and just looks emaciated.

#8 ·
Ugh! My kids got sick right after Christmas with the flu. That lasted about 2 wks. Then, they were healthy for about 5 days before we had relatives visit who had colds. We got the cold and it doesn't seem to want to end. It started as a run of the mill yucky cold, now the kids have barking coughs (croup? who knows), earaches and sore throats. I even got the sore throat last night, but no other symptoms, like achiness. I think it's probably some other cold we picked up someplace else. I'm ready to be done!

#10 ·
Sheesh, I don't know what our deal is...last month, we cycled thru a vomt-type bug, pink eye, sore throats, and then cough and cold! Literally, I went out three times in January. So we've got our sickness worked out for the year, lol.

#11 ·
RSV!
15m old DD2 was first 2 weeks ago, she had to go on O2 for it, really not fun with a toddler. Next was 5y old DD1 who got a very mild case and my mom who has been utterly miserable for 10 days. And just when we thought we were in the clear, DH falls victim to it this weekend.

#13 ·
We all have bad colds. Like the stay in bed all day, up all night coughing, yucky kind. Even my healthy-as-a-horse dd got it. We took ds to dr today because I was worried about pneumonia with him due to wheezing, but luckily they said his lungs were okay and he could get by with albuterol.

We want it to end!!!!

#16 ·
I've got a mild cold, dh and ds have a nasty cold, and dh had something like a sinus infection (it isn't, it was just extreme pressure from all the crap in his head and went away with liberal doses of Mucinex and those little red pills that make you feel like you are on speed)

Fun times!

Oh, and now ds has a mystery rash.

#19 ·
I took the first choice but only because ds has been very sick lately with fever and the whole 9 yards. He starts too late with Vita C etc. (What can I do, he is a man-child.)

Anyway, the rest of us are healthy other than grandson complained of a sore throat this morning before going to school. But at the same time he told me he already took "everything needed to get over it".

By the time we walked to the school bus stop, he said he was fine.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by takebirthback View Post
We've been fighting what I consider the flu all thru my house. For one week now. DS1 seems to have gotten it the worst. But fortunatly the babe (four months) has surpassed it. THANK YOU BREASTMILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ds2's first winter not nursing (he's 3 and weaned last spring) and the whole family had it last winter and it was shocking how different his symptoms were. It was like a bad cold for 1-2 days other than that he was happy as a clam.

Our update - the mild stomach bug has turned into a pretty nasty one. I got it last night (murphy's law... post that you're feeling basically ok and see what happens) and poor dd did too. Terrible stomach cramps.

#21 ·
We're almost recovered from RSV. It was scary going to the hospital with our two month old but she's all better now. I'm the only one with lasting effects, I have a lingering sinus infection that feels just like simultaneous toothache and earache pain... this too shall pass...

#23 ·
In the last couple of months, we've ad RSV/ croup, several bad colds, an ear infection that wouldn't go away, and can I mention my PMS? LOL We honestly don't get sick much at all. This winter has been CRAZY.

ETA that my whole extended family (who live across town and state) have also been dealing with bad respiratory illnesses-- one sister actually had a bacterial FLU-- have you ever heard of that one??!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.