Mothering Forum banner

No-Stresser Pregnant Zen Queens

3K views 110 replies 18 participants last post by  minsca 
#1 ·
Ok, the idea of this new thread is to bring together all the no-stresser TTCers who've gotten knocked up, as well as to welcome any other pregnant zen queens who want to stay chill and think positive thoughts. I'm trying to imitate the style of The One Thread from the TTC forum, and if this gets popular I hope to pass the upkeep along to a rotating list of mamas.

ps - I totally expect the road to "no-stressing" to be full of sharing our anxieties and reminding each other that we'll be ok. My main goal is to make a place where we can avoid seeing scary headings and reading stories that will stress us out.

Soooo.......without further ado...

:Welcome No-Stresser Pregnant Zen Queens
:
February 22nd through February 28th

Please make change requests in Bold, and make sure to let me know what week you're in if you'd like it listed. All updates as to how far along are assumed to be from the day of your last period.

Week Three
Implantation Week!, 0.1-0.2mm

Week Four
Yolk Sac Appears...what the?
minsca

Week Five
Heart Starts Beating!!!, 1.5-2.5mm
ShwarmaQueen - am I right?

Week Six
Limb Buds Appear, 4-6mm
confustication - around here-ish?

mom-to-jj
Zjande
RM1117
blueyezz4

Week Seven
Hand Plates Present, 7-9mm
BHappy
cileag
brinalicious

Week Eight
Spontaneous Movement Begins!, 8-11mm

Week Nine
Elbows, and Fingers, and Toes, Oh My!, 13-17mm

Astar326
Firewoman

Week Ten
Bye, Bye, Tail! 1.06-1.38in
texmati

Week Eleven
Fingernails and Toenails 1.75-2in
Octobermoon
midwestmeg

Week Twelve
Brain Structure Intact ~3.54in
RavenStar

See less See more
#2 ·
I do pretty much exist stress free & hope to stay positive this whole pregnancy!

By the way, it's spelled "stressor"

I don't think I'm even 4 weeks yet,

#3 ·
, zjande! I added a week three for you....did you take an early response test, or are you IN week 4? Thanks for joining!
:

#4 ·
Thanks Tear! You can add me. I am 4w4d and am totally stress free! Today I called the midwife who delivered our last son at home (almost 6 years ago!), to let her know we are due again in October. That made this whole thing seem just a little more real. We will go see her in about a month. I'm starting to get more excited.

I'm not really worried that this baby will stick--I am in near-perfect health, have had 2 wonderful and healthy pregnancies (except for the emergency cesarean with the first), and have no history of miscarriage or anything like that. I know that doesn't mean that it can't happen, but I don't have any reason to worry about it happening. That said, it still just doesn't feel totally real yet. Anyone else feeling this way?

#7 ·
yayyy, thanks for joining ladies! I'm trying to wrap my brain around the "week whatever" thing, and I'm going to list y'all in the week you're working on completing. For example, I'm 6 weeks 5 or 6 days along, but I'm going to post myself under week 7 because I'm working on it.
I think that way when I check out week by week fertility pages and want to see what the baby looks like. I say, ok, by the end of THIS week, this is what it'll look like. Anyway, if anybody feels strongly otherwise just let me know.

#8 ·
brin - I'm glad that you're feeling so relaxed about this! I think having a caregiver that you already know must help. I feel very overwhelmed by the choice. DH and I are going to a doctor on Tuesday for my first check-up, and I don't even know what she's going to do, but we plan on bringing a whole list of questions for her.

My biggest strategy for staying relaxed is staring at our new fishtank and zoning out. I'm so tired all the time, but I can't really fall asleep, so this is my way of resting my body.

I thought I'd put out a question to help distract us: where was the craziest place you BD'd while TTC because you knew you were ovulating? For me, I'd have the say in the back of our van in a beach parking lot during the day while DH and I were touring the Cape and sleeping in the van each night.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
For me, I'd have the say in the back of our van in a beach parking lot during the day while DH and I were touring the Cape and sleeping in the van each night.

Oh how fun!!
: Tee hee.

I am a true no-stressor (well, of course I worry- what if the baby comes at 26 weeks, what if I did something in the first trimester, what if, what if....) but I somehow block it all out and just have faith that it will all work out okay.

My first two have been no testing, no u/s, no dr pregnancies and births- but there is always a first time for things to work out differently!

So, here is to staying stress free and letting nature take its course.
Meg

#11 ·
Hi Tear,
I remember you from the TTC threads. I'll be 9 weeks along on tuesday.
The craziest moment we BD while TTC was an hour before we were leaving on a trip home. We hoped our DD stayed asleep and she did! We're pretty sure this was the day we conceived.
The place was our bed...not so crazy.

#12 ·
I'd love to join this group!! I'm 3 weeks and 3 days so i'm working on my 4th week this coming week. This is my first pregnancy so I'm trying to totally stay calm and not worry. I've witness so many of my friends go through their pregnancy all stressed out and I just really don't want to do that. I'm just trying to think positive and hoping & praying that everything goes smoothly. I figure there is nothing that I can do other than take care of myself and my little growing "bean"... I figure it is out of my hands! Thanks for starting this group Tear.
:

#13 ·
Ok, we're updated to here.
Ladies!

Meg - I think worrying is different from stressing. I think we're all going to worry, but I really don't want to let it take over my life because that will affect the baby. I especially don't want to go read the "what-if" threads or the horror story threads. I want to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy the best I can (spoken like a true preggers that does NOT yet have m/s.) Thanks for helping us zen out!

RavenStar - what a cooperative little girl you have!
By the way, you're exactly two weeks ahead of me (if I conceived when I think I did, which is still unclear). Cool!

blueyezz - that's exactly how I feel! This is our first real pregnancy too, and we decided that we just have to assume everything is ok. I stopped temping as soon as my pregnancy was confirmed for me because, if my temperature does go down, i don't want to know about it any sooner than I have to. And I knew that I would psychoanalyze any 2/10 of a degree dip. I don't need that! I want to just relax and dream about what my baby should look like about now.
:

By the way, I decided to change people over to the next week on Sundays (starting next Sunday). I know that probably doesn't coincide with exactly when you change...but I don't know how to manage that otherwise. Unless you ladies have an idea for me?

#15 ·
Yay, Octobermoon, welcome!!!

I changed the headings.
If you want more info, check out this fun site. Week selection is at the bottom of the page. Have fun!

#17 ·
whoaaaaaa...
: coool. Thanks, firewoman!

#19 ·
omg, I'm in heaven here!! That's absolutely amazing!!!

ps---I'm supposed to be vaccuming. hmm....

#20 ·
please add me. i'm 6w2d (same as firewoman)

i try to be zen, although ttc for 21 months was not a zen time for me. but i feel much more relaxed now.

in answer to the bd question: we were at dh's parents house over thanksgiving and i saw ewcm, so we bd'd up there lots. also while camping at my sister's inlaws. this conception was just from our own bed.

#21 ·
Welcome, astar!
:

I take my hat off to you, it took us 8 months and it was brutal waiting every month for just that long. IKWYM about trying to be zen after that. I'm glad you're feeling relaxed.

And yeah...BDing with family nearby, NOT a turn-on. I vividly remember TTC in my parents guest bedroom (up in the attic) and hearing my dad's voice float up from outside while he was talking to my mom.
squeeeeee, get away!!! lol..

#23 ·
Hi Ladies! How about we do a Monday check in? I'll start.

Name: Brin
Date: 2/9/09
How many weeks (from LMP): 4w6d
Appointments: Not for a couple more weeks
How are you feeling: Pretty good, still. I've had MS with each of my other babies, but I can't remember when it started. My breasts are HUGE (which means their finally a full B cup
), but they aren't sore anymore. Still having some cramps here and there.
Thoughts: We told my parents last night, and they were moderately excited. I think the idea of having a big family just is strange to them. I am an only child, and they just don't understand why anyone would want to have 3 kids. So, they weren't as enthusiastic as I would have liked, but oh well. We'll tell my in-laws next weekend and they will be ecstatic!

(please feel free to add anything that I missed, or that you'd like included in our check in)

#24 ·
Good idea Brin! Sorry your parents weren't as excited as you'd like. I agree it is disappointing when you can tell someone is only mildly excited. I've noticed that some of my friends jump and give me hugs. Others smile and nod. I guess it just depends on the person and where they're at.

How many weeks (from LMP): 9 weeks as of tomorrow

Appointments: I have my first appointment with our midwife next week. I'm so excited.

How are you feeling: Nauseous. Pretty much all day. Protein and just eating all the time helps some. I just bought those "Sea Bands" and they help a little. With DD it lasted until about 16 weeks. So we'll see. My breasts are also getting really big. It's quite surprising because they had shrunk after having DD. It's funny to watch my body change again.

Thoughts: For the first few weeks it didn't feel quite real that I was pregnant. Now it's definately sinking in more. Our DD talks to my tummy and gives it kisses. She sang the baby a song the other day. I think it's really fun having her involved and am excited for her to come with me to the appointments.
I'm also feeling thankful for this group.

#25 ·
Yay, Monday check-in! I love it!
I know what you mean about different reactions. When I told my mom I could tell she was totally excited, but reserved when I told her how early along I was. On the other hand, my friend I haven't talked to in a long time practically screamed my ear off over the phone.

How Many Weeks - 7 weeks today or yesterday
Next (First) Appointment - TOMORROW, EEK!!!! I just found out, though, that licensed midwives are covered by my insurance. Now I want to look around a little more. Since I don't know this doctor that we're meeting tomorrow, it will be a first appointment/interview.
How Are You Feeling? - exhausted, and sick...like I caught whatever my husband, mom, and students have had. darn. I'm coughing and tired....and I can't tell how much of it is from being pregnant, and how much from being sick. Oh well.
My tummy feels bloated, and I may have the very first hints of evening heartburn/sickness. Is it weird that I feel YAY about that?
Thoughts - Is it normal that my right breast is itching like crazy?

ok...DH needs the computer. Good night, ladies! I'm so glad we're together again, too, and with new friends joining us!

#26 ·
oh goody! deja vu to ttc days,

Name: astar326/Angel
Date: 2/9/09
How many weeks (from LMP): 6w3d
Appointments: we had an educational apt. which was a group meeting on Sat. where i didn't hear anything i didn't already know. i'm suppose to have my 1st prenatal on 2/25.
How are you feeling: super sore bb's (i even sleep in a wireless bra & even the shower hurts), nausea throughout the day, yes Tear78 my bb's are itchy too, but i'm not as tired or irritable as before
Thoughts: very grateful for all this pg. also although i was planning on another group, i just found a birthing center (about 30 mins away) that does home births so i think i'm going to check them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.