Mothering Forum banner

TTC 12 Months May Support Thread

3K views 89 replies 20 participants last post by  fierrbugg 
#1 ·
Here are some of us that have been TTC for 12+ months!
Please let me know if I've missed anyone.

11yrsNoKid
Angel1985 - TTC #2 since 2/06 :
Airmide m - TTC for the first time since ?
Allisonrose -TTC #1 since 10/05 :
Astrid - TTC #2 since Nov/02
Booja's Mom - TTC#2 since 12/05
Celesterra - celeste TTC #1 since Jan/01
Coome - TTC #1 since Sept/05
Edensmama- TTC #2 since 10/05
ELKMama - TTC #2 since 11/05 :
Fierrbugg - TTC #1 since 02/01
Folaboye - #3 since Oct/05 :
Friendtofriend29 - TTC #1 since 9/00
Funnygrace - TTC #1 since Sept/05 :
Hazeleyes - #2 since Sept/05 :
ItyBty - TTC #1 since Sept/05 :
Joanq - TTC #2 since 3/06
Leah31
LeslieinChicago - Leslie TTC #1 since Aug/02
Mamma Mia - TTC #2
Marlee
Oceanmommy - TTC #2 since July/05 :
Punquin - TTC #1 since 8/05 :
Tenk - TTC #5 since 04/06 :
Sewingmomma -TTC #5 since 4/05
ValarieR - #1 since Dec/05 :
Willthiswork - TTC #1 since 9/05

Recent Graduates Spreading Us
:

Hoping4sumBBdust!!! due 1/08 after 2 years of trying!
SarahJen!!! due 1/08 after 16 months of trying!
Pampered Mom !!!!! due 1/1/08 after 16 months of trying !
Lesliesara63!!!
Hezzy!!!
ChristyM26!!! with twins !!!!!
Beemama!!!!
Skydancer!!!!!
OTMomma
May-lily
J3fer

Bouncing Babies
Meggles
had a
: January 07!

Bemommy
had a
: in March 07

Yo Becca
had a
: in March 07

See less See more
#3 ·
alright, valarie... yes I have one day left of the progesterone... I forgot to do it last night.. so I'll do yesterdays this morning and todays tonight... still taking vitex (which I also forgot
)

#4 ·
I know it's been forever since I've been here, but I just woke up with the most painful pressure in my bladder. Does anyone know how to get rid of a bladder infection without going to the doctor. I'm shaking right now it hurts so bad. I'm on the edge of tears and I can't stand it. My DH is laying down beside me because I woke him up and he's worried about me. I'm ready to cry!!! Someone please give me some advice!!! PLEASE!

#7 ·
Hey guys, I'm here. Hubby and I took a vaca with just the 2 of us for the first time EVER. I'm back and looking diligently for a job.

Crystal Thanks for the new thread. I'm not really TTC this month cause I needed a break, but I'm here.

Theresa Cranberry juice is correct, but if it's hurting that bad you may need to go to the ER b/c it could be a kidney infection and NOT just a bladder infection. Kidney infections are much worse. Hugs to you!!!

#9 ·
Theresa I'd get to a doctor. I had a bladder infection once that I left b/c I didn't want to go pee in a cup and it was awful. Once I started the antibiotics the pain went away quickly. Seems funny now that I didn't want to pee in a cup, since then I've done it a million times. Hope you're feeling better.

Tenk that's awesome that you had a little get-away. Enjoy the break this month and good luck job hunting.

#10 ·
Hi All

Angel - Thanks for the new thread!

Theresa - you should definately go to the doctor. Cranberry juice and only take you so far. Sorry I get UTI all the time I know they really suck

Leslie - I hope you are doing well!

Teneal & Angel - Good Luck on the job hunt!

Here is my daily rant. So I have had 18 months of TTC and of on time AF. No scares not even a chemical pregnancy and now the week that I am to start my IVF treatment I am LATE!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAA

Oh and I am not pregnant! Which makes this even more madning. So my cycle is on hold until AF shows up.... Seriously I beginning to believe someone out there does not want me to have a kiddo. Well Sc*^&% them I going to anyway....
:

Thanks for letting me rant. Hope you all have a great day I am off to order my DD B-day Cake I can't believe that she is 8.

Happy Wednesday

~C

#13 ·
Great new Crystal!!

Clara I didn't know you were getting started this soon. Maybe Crystal can send you some AF dust and get things started. Please keep us updated on your cycle. You'll have lots of cheerleaders here!

#15 ·
Congrats Crystal, I hope that is the last long cycle for you. Well except for the 9 month one we all want.

Theresa, how are you doing with the UTI ? I hope you have found relief by now

Clara, I hope that AF gets here soon or stays away for a good reason
Have you been charting ? Did you O this past cycle ?

Teneal, I hope the break was restful to you It is good to have time to reconnect, I know DH and I need that badly for ourselves. OK, fresh starts, new beginning s
:

Hello to Funnygrace, Val, Leslie, Elk, and everyone I missed... I know you are out there

I think I am actually going to O soon, woo hoo. I was afraid the YI would get in the way but it seems gone now and my body kindly delayed my O a bit. Just when you think it will never cooperate it does

#16 ·
lily and I are cycle buddies

ocean... alright! catch that eggie!!! I'm glad youre YI didnt affect you too much

clara.. c'mon af!!

theresa... are you getting better? have you consulted with a doctor?

a big hey to everyone else... sarah, elk, valarie, and all those other people out there

I feel good.

#17 ·
Hi everyone!

Congrats Crystal! Me too... I'm CD 1 now after 2 days of spotting.

Oceanmommy--Have fun with your egg!
:

I'm going to be starting Clomid this month and am a little nervous. Maybe this will be it? I am also starting to get comforatable with the idea of seeing an RE. Has anyone else started that path? What do you like about your RE? What do you not like? How much money have you spent?!

#18 ·
Crystal - Thanks for the AF dust....who knew i'd ever be begging for it to show!!

Ocean - A parade for your Egg!!!!!
:
:

BTW I did O this month... My body is just playing tricks on me
:

Funnyface - Good luck with clomid. As for the RE, I really like mine because 1- he was very highly recommended and his references checked out, 2- he does not pull any punches. He told exactly was should happen and what my best changes were. There was no lets try this that or the other and see what happens. He was very honest and said in my case look opening you tubes will give you a 20% chance of a bfp, ivf in our clinic for my age is 60% and he had the stats to back it up.

As for what you should look for make sure his office is open 24/7 it is crucial. Some moms on the resolve board have complained about missed IUI, cycles etc because they O'd on Sun and the office was closed. Also they should have supplementary resources available ei: acupuncture, support groups, genetic counceling, urologist etc.

Now Money- RE are freaking expensive. our initial visit was $300 plus inital u/s which you should have on first visit is another 150- 200$. Then your treatments vary from 500-700 for iui to 8000 - 15000 for IVF with ICSI. Drug also vary in cost and a good RE clinic will let you get your meds where ever you like because not all pharmacies charge the same amount.

Any way I hope this does not scare you. I think moving to an RE was the best for DH and I because we stoped guessing what could be wrong and what we should do. I usually hate docs but i realized that our RE wants us to be pg as much as i do so it's easier to trust him in working for our common goal. Also in a very weird way it has made me relax because as sad as I am that we cannot get pg on our own getting AF last month was not a chock I wasn't even upset unlike the previous year.

Theresa - hope you are feeling better.

Ity - How was your surgery? I hope you are recovering well. Sending you good vibes

Hi to anyone I missed! Have an awsome weekend!

~C

#19 ·
Hi everyone - I've had a crazy week so I hadn't checked in at all, but I'm glad to see the May thread going. Thanks, Crystal! And yeah for AF!!! I know it has been such a long and frustrating wait.

Speaking of frustration: Clara, I'm so sorry the IVF is delayed. I know you were completely and totally psyched up. It isn't the same thing but I had to put off IUI this month b/c I had a cyst at my "clomid check" u/s and it was so very annoying to be mentally prepared and then get it pushed back again. I hope that you can move ahead soon!

Mommy-in-chaol - Hope you're all better by now. I'm sorry you were in such pain.

Tenk - Great to hear from you. I hope the vacation with dh was lovely or at least relaxing and enjoyable and I'm especially hoping that the perfect job comes your way SOON.

OK, ladies, it is kind of sad that we now need AF and O parades! But they made me laugh and it is so sweet of you all to work hard to keep each others' spirits up!

Happy weekend...

#20 ·
Can I just say that I greatly dislike moving? Funny because this is the 5th move in 4 years. This was our first non-military move though. Plus we managed to live in one place for two years so it was more difficult moving after all that time. And moving from a large house to a smaller townhouse kinda sucks!

Cycle wise - I expect AF today or tomorrow. I'm starting to think that this will never happen.
:

Clara - Sounds like your doctor's a good guy. The delay on the IVF is unfortunate but a 60% chance? That's awesome.

ocean - good luck catching that egg

angel - hoping that this AF will lead to a great cycle for you!

mommyic - I hope you feel better soon!

to anyone I missed

#21 ·
Hi ladies.... CD6 here... What a bummer...

My dh's Urologist called and left a message to call them back a few weeks ago. My dh has been trying to get ahold of them, but all he gets is their answering machine. He leaves messages to call him back and that it's ok to tell me the results. Nothing. No call back. We are getting pissed over here. What do we do?

#22 ·
Hello everyone!

Booja'smom--Thanks for all of the info on REs. I'm glad you found one you like and trust. It does seem like it would be relaxing to have someone to trust a bit on this front.

Hazeleyes--I've often been tempted to just show up at the office when no one calls me back. If that's a possibility for you or dh, I'd go in and wait until someone gives you the information they have for you.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnygrace View Post
Hazeleyes--I've often been tempted to just show up at the office when no one calls me back. If that's a possibility for you or dh, I'd go in and wait until someone gives you the information they have for you.
Good for you, Funnygrace! I'm sorry that it sometimes comes to this... but good luck with whatever strategies you decide to use, Hazeleyes.

#25 ·
lily... yes, I've got most everyone on bookmark
(I had forgotten you didnt have your chart up there... sorry)

allison... I'm sorry moving is becoming so stressful for you!

clara
... I hope that this is your cycle! I'm sorry that its so expensive

elk.. it IS sad that we need af and O parades... we need more bfps!!

hazeleyes... I agree... just go there and see whats up... its not right they arent giving you answers

barbara... how are you??

sarah... missing you

teneal, theresa, stephanie.. how are you all doing??

!!!

#26 ·
Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry for my been MIA. I'm stress up with this cycle. I hope to see a Doctor soon, but been using Maca root capsules, not yet ovulated. I either waiting for AF or O.

Congrats!!!! to all the BFP.
: Happy and healthy 9 months.
: this month of May be a month of grace for us amen.

Later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.