Mothering Forum banner

How old is your intact son?

8K views 178 replies 154 participants last post by  homeschoolmommyof1 
#1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to see how old the intact sons of members are. I was looking through some statistics and found them really interesting.

Truthfully, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary when we left our son intact - it's just the 'done thing' where we live. So I know I don't really understand a lot of the issues that US parents face when it comes to pressure to circumcise. We honestly didn't even discuss it (plus the doctors don't do it here) and it wasn't until after my second son was born that I changed from being anti-circ to a 'practising' intactivist.

The majority of males in the UK are intact
The majority of males in Europe are intact
The majority of males under 40 in New Zealand are intact
The majority of males under 20 in Australia are intact
The majority of males in Japan are intact
The majority of males in China are intact
The majority of males under 30 in Canada are intact
And soon the majority of males being born in the US will be intact (if it hasn't been 'reached' already - stats I've seen are just either side of 50%).

See less See more
#104 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinijocaro
If your example refers to my 10 year old in Buffalo- you can be REALLY glad, cause in a six block radius of my village home, there is also 1 year old Ben, 1 year old Grady, 3 year old Andrew, 5 year old Skyler, 2 year old Aiden, and my 6 year old Joey- ALL INTACT. Those are just the ones I know about- I'm sure there are more. How can the circ rate be 90 percent in Buffalo if I've found this many in such a small area in my little town?
Well, I'm grinning ear to ear at all these intact boys in various areas of the country... well, 2 countries (including Canada) and it's further proof there's a scare tactic going on in the U.S. that makes people THINK and SAY the circ rate is much higher than it actually is in some cases (for the extreme other end of the scale that say they live in Such-And-Such a city and they're sons are the only intact males they know).

Honestly, there's time I actually get down (feeling) and wonder if we're making progress strong enough to turn the tides of the ocean and make genital integrity the strong force it deserves to be and have the OTHER side (you know, the circ'd supporters) so THEY'RE the ones losing steam!

Keep fighting the good fight because EVERY voice counts!

P.S. A lot of smart cookies in Buffalo!!!!!!

#108 ·
DS is 3.5 years, we're in N. CO, and he was the first intact penis I had ever really seen
... not withstanding the odd foreign film!

Both my brothers, all my nephews are circ'ed.

But, a gf's ds is intact, and I suspect her nephews and dh are as well...(her mil was an atypically educated mama 30-odd years ago) but haven't asked. They're here in CO as well. And another gf's (in WA) ds is intact. So ds will at least know a couple of intact buddies... not that it will matter.

lizzie

PS.. all three families mentioned are caucasian.

#109 ·
All 3 are intact, ages 15.9, 13, and 10.5. After my husband saw the circ video my midwife was showing at our homebirth classes, I didn't have beg or plead again. Pictures really are worth 1000 words.

Blessings,
Traci

#110 ·
My intact DS is 3 1/2...my brother is also intact and he is going to be 40 this year (my mom had an Italian OB who told her circumcision would ruin my brother's sex life so she didn't have it done
)

My nephew is also intact and he is 19 (his dad had to be circ'ed -- or was told he had to-- at age 19 and said it was the most painful thing he had ever endured and there was NO WAY he would have that done to a newborn!)

Steph

#111 ·
My son is 4.5 months old, CT. My DH is 45, intact, born in Ireland, he has never had any incidence, infections, rashes, pain, yada yada. My brothers 47 and 43 both intact bron in PR. All me nephews are intact, ranging from 28 to 1 yr old born in PR, NY, VA, & Ireland.

I know of many intact boys amongst my dd's friends, they come over to our pool in the summer and run around naked

When my sister (in NYC) was born in 1970, my mom signed a consent to have her circ'd had she been a boy. They told her it had to be done

#122 ·
My son is 16 months and i also have an intact 2 1/2 yo nephew. My other 3 nephews are circed
But, intactness is the norm in my social circle, i can think of 4 boys that are intact. Which is a pretty big deal in Kansas!

#125 ·
My DS is nearly 3 mo and is intact! (It took some convincing with DH- had to fight the "look like Dad" arguement.

I have also talked reason into two of my pg friends. A actually just had her some 2 weeks ago, and B does not know what she is having yet, but if it is a boy they are keeping all of him! I am excited to have like-minded friends to raise our DC together.

Our Dr. said that about 99% of boys are circ'd in central VA.
I have my work cut out for me!

#126 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by caloli
So I know I don't really understand a lot of the issues that US parents face when it comes to pressure to circumcise.
My dh (27 and intact) doesn't understand it either. He was really nonplussed when I told him that it's even an issue for some people.
My son is 3 mos and intact. I have 3 nephews who are also intact. We live in PA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.