Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a newbie.  Triple post. Sorry.

#93 of 96 Old 11-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy3522 View Post

I am also in the Garden/Mentor program where I have a mentor come to my house and give me tips about what to do/not to do.

How do I get involved with this program?

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#94 of 96 Old 11-09-2011, 11:39 PM

Sorry about the triple post.  I don't see where I can delete or edit that post after submitting it.

Call the Food Bank.  Ask for Brooke.  Inquire about the guidelines for being involved.  It is such a great program.  Everything about the Backyard Garden Programs are wonderful.  There are 2 farms in and around Tucson that they run.  One is Urban Farm, where you can get a plot for free.  Lots of folks garden there and help each other.  Call Chris Loewen if you want to know more about managing a plot.  I am interested in getting a plot there but you need 3 people to maintain it and garden together.  Perhaps you and I could partner if that is of interest.

Marana Heritage Farm is another great Community Food Bank resource.  It is in Marana and too far for me to drive to garden there.

http://communityfoodbank.com/programs-services/community-food-security-center/garden/garden-mentor-program/

This link sends you to the Mentor program info.  Their website is thorough and has all their programs listed.  Enjoy!!

#95 of 96 Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 PM

FYI, Urban Farm is located I-19 and 29th St. area.

#96 of 96 Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy3522 View Post

FYI, Urban Farm is located I-19 and 29th St. area.

That isn't too far for me. If you know someone else interested in doing it together, let me know. Otherwise I know someone who might be interested. Let's talk IRL.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page