bulbs for xmas- happy dance! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-15-2010, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When the dh and family asked what I wanted for xmas this year I told them bulbs, and a tiller.  Sis got me 200 ice follies daffodils, and dh got me 60 daffodils 'kedron' (orange/gold), 60 daffs 'tete a tete (mini yellow), 80 oxalis mixed, and 9 allium shubertii, which have humongous purple sprays of blooms. After the ice storm tonight the ground should be soft enough to plant this weekend.  And I strongly suspect ma got me a mantis for my veggie garden.  Yeah!!!!!  The woodland front yard is going to be so pretty this spring, and I don't have to hand turn that giant azz veggie garden anymore.  happy happy happy dance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM

What a great gift!  I will be getting some fruit trees in the spring as an early birthday present from DH.  Who needs shiny things when I can start growing my own apples and cherries?

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
#3 of 3 Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM

I got a box of bulbs one year for Christmas from a great friend and thought it was a wonderful idea!  She dug them up out of her yard and gave us those plus a frozen home made quiche.  I'd MUCH rather get stuff like that!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page