The case of the missing sun..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-21-2011, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So in the NE (Maine) there is a serious lack of sun going on, coupled with a lot of wet soggy misty moldy weather. We had about 2 hours of sun today in which I planted some beans and cukes.  My seeds and plants that have been in the ground for a month are looking good but not really getting much bigger yet.

My question is about my tomatoes. They are growing like WHOA! And I have already repotted them. They are about 1.5 feet tall and look lush and beautiful. I stuck them out in the shade today for a little hardening but then looking at the weather forecast its supposed to be in the 50's at night but absolutely NO sun the next 10 days.   Some of the leaves are looking a little yellow on the plants and I am wondering if I should risk planting them after a few more days of hardening?  Or if I should hang back till all this rain is over?

Help!?

#2 of 3 Old 05-22-2011, 04:28 PM

I don't know...we've had along cool spring here as well.  My poor tomato plants got covered in 2' of snow!  They are fine, as it did not freeze, but we could use some more sun here too!

Mama to twins, my little guy, and
#3 of 3 Old 05-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Can you plant them but cover them? I use a floating row cover or for smaller plants, apple juice or milk containers with the bottoms cut off. If they stay in their pots too long it may be hard to plant them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page