Help please! Bacterial spot on pepper plants - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2011, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am almost positive we have bacterial spot on our pepper plants. Does anyone one know of a proven fungicide, organic or homemade natural treatment/cure? Please help. Every year we lose our garden to some form of disease.banghead.gif This year things were going great in our new garden (dug a new one) until this. It is so diappoining to lose so much! Any adice is welcomed!

partners.gif Wife to mysuperhero.gif             
hang.gif Mommy to thehomebirth.jpg miracle of our love lovestory.gif  our sweet dog2.gif andchicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, that's awful!!  Have you found any solutions yet?  I was wondering....did you buy them as young plants or start them from seed?  I am asking because last year all my Bonnie plants ended up with Bacterial Spot, and I read that there was an epidemic of it at their greenhouses a few years ago.  It's a disease that stays in the soil and seeds. 

I don't know what works on it, because I just let everything die last year that had it (I got a few peppers and tomatoes), and pulled them all out and burned them.  I have heard that copper MIGHT help....

I know how heartbreaking it is to lose your plants - it makes me want to cry!!  (what a wimp, right?! :-P)  Good luck, and try a copper fungicide.  I think it's even considered organic, if used sparingly.  Then, pull all those plants out at the end of the season, so you reduce your chances of having it next year.  We haven't had it this year at all, and I think it's because I grew all my plants from seed instead of buying them from a commercial greenhouse.  Tedious and s-l-o-w (I STILL only have green tomatoes so far!!), but so far, worth it!

LisaDiane

User Tag List