Indoor Vegetable Gardening - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-14-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a new gardener.  Had my first vegetable garden last year.  It was great. 

I am just DREAMING of my next garden.  And I decided to try some indoor gardening of vegetables.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Any advice? Any links to useful information?  I am a complete novice.

Thank you!

Professor mama dedicated to natural birth, breastfeeding, growing our food, cloth diapering, hunting, foraging, a Nourishing Traditions lifestyle, no television, no vaccinations, no circumcision

blogging.jpg at www.number2-7.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-14-2012, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Years ago I was in a whole-foods type of place, and found myself engrossed in an indoor gardening book....all about making lettuce baskets, growing potatoes in pots, etc. and in some cases without lamps. When I couldn't find the book again, I came here to see if anyone knew the title...but there were no replies. Since this was years ago, I will hang out here and lurk! But, I just wanted to say that yes, there are some great guides. I think it was placed with the wheat-grass growing types of books...so who knows!

Incidentally, I failed at my indoor lettuce basket, so I tossed it on a sort-of compost heap in my yard. The next year, such a massive crop of kale grew there that my toddler would walk up to the "trees" and graze on them...so all was not lost.

#3 of 3 Old 12-15-2012, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think for most indoor gardening you need a light set up. I know you can do micro or baby greens in a sunny window or in a sunroom, but I think most of the vegetables are going to require stronger light, especially in the winter with shorter days.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page