What's growing in your garden right now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I'll be honest, I'm living a bit vicariously. lol.gif Currently my garden is mostly mud, slugs and weeds. 

My raspberries are getting going as are my blueberries.  My strawberries are trying, but need some assistance this summer....

That's about all I have gotten to so far, what with spring illness, the baby and the rain.

What is your garden looking like so far?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Right now, I'm harvesting snap peas. I just picked the last of my oranges, the tree is in bloom now, and smells amazing. All of the seeds and plants for my summer garden are in - greens, carrots, beets, green beans, zucchinis, tomatoes. I have tiny green strawberries, and blossoms on my grape vine, and tiny fruits on my cherries, nectarines, apricots, and plums. My herbs are starting to come back after the winter, too. 

Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM

Sadly, not a thing. I need to prepare the garden space but time is so elusive.  I have it on my agenda for this weekend. 

eta:  My rosemary from last season is quite vibrant. So there, I don't feel so bad! thumb.gif

afro.jpg
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM

The weather just isn't cooperating here! Freezing rain yesterday ugh. My crocus and daffodils are up though and give a hope of spring lol. Tulips and hostas are poking up too.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

It's still too early to start gardening here, but I'm getting the itch to go dig in the dirt.  We've had rain for the past week and things are starting to come back up.  The daffodils and chives are a couple inches high, and the strawberries, lavender and thyme are growing some fresh green leaves.  I'm excited to see the lavender survived the winter, I've read that sometimes it doesn't, and this was the first year I've had it. 

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif

Tags
Gardening
User Tag List