Help! DS and I were exposed to Fungicide spraying! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-03-2002, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so upset but truly trying to check this out, calmly...

DS (2 1/2 yrs. old) and I walked into an area where they were &%$!!! spraying a fungicide on a tree. The chemicals were Banner/Dithane. We didn't actually get soaked with it but DS was ahead of me, running down the driveway of our neighbor's house (where we have a little garden in back.) The men spraying stopped when they saw me but that was after DH was already pretty near. he wasn't damp and I didn't see anything on him. We ran upstairs and I stripped him and washed him down as best i could (The hot water was turned off in our apt building so I was only able to wash him down with cold and soap on his exposed areas.) I myself took a freezing cold shower.
I honestly don't know though if we inhaled any.

Does anyone know about exposure to these things and where I might find out about toxicity. I've done a search on the internet but nowhere do i find specific dangers in relation to exposure amounts.

Thanks,
iris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-04-2002, 12:39 PM

But the EPA would probably have that sort of information, available either online or with a phone call.
#3 of 3 Old 06-04-2002, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Gezellig_girl, Thanks, You're right, why didn't I think of that??? I actually called them just last week when our aptartment Super posted a sign noting "please don't go in basement - Asbestos cleaning" . !!!! I called them a'plenty for about a week. Aargh, as ! said to my DH last night, I feel like I am fending off environmental assaults right a left lately. What do i need to learn here? Maybe I should also post in "Spirituality."

Thanks again for the good idea.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page