Mothering Forum banner

When do they bloom?

938 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  leafylady 
#1 ·
1) I saw that there was a rose thread here but not with my problem. I have several little bushes around the house left by the last owners and a couple of them do not bloom at all. One os right by our chimney and gets lots of sun. The other is on the opposite side of the house and probably only gets sun midday for couple of hours at most. I have been feeding these suckers at least once a week but nothing has been happening. I have no idea if they are hybreds or what.

2) I planted some gladiolas (sp) bulbs in the early spring and the leaves have all come up but there are no flowers and I threw away the label. When do they bloom? The leaves have been up for about a month.

#7 ·
Cut your roses back a lot this fall and fertilize with a blossom booster or rose fertilizer next spring (and this summer). The middle number needs to be high for blossoms.
When they do bloom, cut off the spent blooms for some repeat blossoms. If the plant makes rosehips and you want them, then don't cut off the blossoms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.