Mothering Forum banner

What small projects are you working on?

413 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hawkeyemama 
#1 ·
Or large projects? What have you completed?

A small project I did this past weekend was to move my birdbath. I had an old washtub with a rotted out bottom. I moved the birdbath to the backyard and placed it in the tub. I filled the tub with potting soil and then planted marigolds, moss rose, basil, oregano, cosmos, mint, and rosemary in it. I really like how it looks!

I started a new herb garden and really trimmed up the massive amounts of lantana that takes over. Transplanted some of it. Took cuttings of rosemary, oregano, and cumino and trasplanted some roses to make a garden with the lantana behind it.

I have lots and lots of bamboo and I have been getting stalks of it and trimming it up and I am making a fence for around the garden. (I also made my daughter's barbie dolls fishing poles from the bamboo small pieces)

What have you been up to?

#3 ·
I just finished shingling the roof of the rabbit hutch I'm converting into a little henhouse. Next part of the job is to move it to its permanent location so I can build the little attached run. Today I moved a grotty, overgrown old compost heap from that spot & scraped the grass mostly level. I think I sunburned the back of my neck

I need to haul/drag/roll a big old stone basement sink onto the back porch so I can fill it with soil and have it ready to plant my dwarf peach tree in

#4 ·
we're mulching for the first time! We couldn't ever justify the cost before, but this year we decided to do the small beds near the sidewalk on the front of the house, so the people who walk by will think our gardens are pretty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.