My parents are out of town on vacation and we're watching the house.
My mom's peach tree was ready and I got about 30 lbs of luscious brightly colored organic peaches off before the japanese beetles ate them all.
But most of the peaches have little black round spots on them - not a lot, but they're noticeable, about 1/8" in diameter, pretty regularly round or oval, they don't look mold-ish, but I am SERIOUSLY unexperienced with gardening.
I'm thinking it must be from the beetles? I can't find anything about japanese beetles leaving black spots, only information about black spot, on the intarweb.
Are these peaches ok to eat?
I can try to post a picture later if more info is needed, but I have to charge the digi battery first.
My mom gave me permission to set up a 'peach stand' with my son and sell them (they have more peaches than they will EVER use in their deep freezer), but I want to be sure they're ok to eat first.
Maybe I'll make a pie.
edit:OK. It appears to be "bacterial spot".
I can't find anything about it being unsafe to eat these peaches, however, I also cannot find anything about it being safe to eat these peaches.