Winter MJ/Cannabis mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 277 Old 12-29-2008, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:I wish you all the most wonderful winter times! Here's the new thread

Our Standing Message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S.
Also the subjects of spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.
Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we wouldn't want to discourage anyone from joining us. So... please Speak, Act, and Medicate responsibly.
Also, remember the UA:
Quote:
Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.
Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

Here is a list of useful links:

http://www.mothering.com/articles/pr...marijuana.html
http://www.mothering.com/articles/pr...ana-side3.html
http://www.norml.org/
http://www.cannabis-med.org/studies/study.php
http://www.medicalcannabis.com/pregnancy.htm
http://www.greenmedicinegroup.org/pages/2/index.htm
http://www.medicalmj.org/
http://www.wamm.org/medicinalbenefits.htm
http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/medicalm.htm
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/medical/
http://americanmarijuana.org/
http://www.mpp.org/site/c.glKZLeMQIs....BF78/Home.htm
http://www.maps.org/mmj/
http://www.aclu.org/drugpolicy/medma...s20060124.html
http://www.cannabisnews.com/cgi-bin/...sread.pl?25000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 277 Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 PM

Happy Winter, Mamas!!! :

I just wanted to let you all know I had my babe last week on December 22nd! : She is doing well and back up and past her birth weight of 9.5lbs...and hit 9.10lbs last night when the mw weighed her at one week! She is amazing and we are so in love w/ her I'm really soaking in my babymoon and enjoying each minute of it.

I hope you are all well and doing good. Babe just woke up....gotta go
#3 of 277 Old 12-31-2008, 04:21 PM

Congratulations on the new babe!!!

Happy Winter, everyone! I'm looking forward to a mellow NYE tonight
#4 of 277 Old 12-31-2008, 09:44 PM

Congratulations, Lemon Juice! She is beautiful

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#5 of 277 Old 01-01-2009, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, she really is BEAUTIFUL! I love the pics with her & her siblings
#6 of 277 Old 01-03-2009, 01:27 AM

Congrats Lemon Juice!

Hello Mammas! I havent been here in a dogs age, but wanted to pop in with a few ?? Has anyone seen MJ use have a drastic effect on their milk supply? I m noticing it recently, and Im doing other things to combat it, as well as decreasing my partaking, however, giving it up all together is not a good idea right now. Any suggestions?

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#7 of 277 Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 AM

I'm curious what the general opinions are regarding vaporizers? DH was looking at them for a while, but they are PRICEY!

Thoughts?

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#8 of 277 Old 01-03-2009, 05:11 PM

Congrats! Aya is such a beautiful name - dh and I have considered it!

Sera ~ I went without MJ for quite some time after my dd was born (my supplier had moved, and I was relatively new the city as well), when I eventually found some more, I found my supply increased! Which was a little frustrating! lol..but maybe it effects people differently in this regard...

Theoretica ~ just recently got a vaporizer and am loving it! The taste is cleaner, I live in a no drugs whatsoever apartment and the smell is a lot better, and I find I use more of the herb. It was worth the $180 that I spent!

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE ~ its actually a vaporizer question as well. As I said, I just recently got one (late christmas present to me!), and Im having one little issue. My apartment has a zero tolerance immediate eviction for drugs. So I had been using a pipe (no burning paper), and exhaling through a toilet paper roll with the end being covered with two dryer sheets (weird I know..I used to do that in university)...anyways - with the vaporizer there is no smoke...but...im finding there is a residual smell. Like the vapor particles have gotten into my carpet or furniture. Has anyone encountered this? How do I remove/prevent it?

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#9 of 277 Old 01-04-2009, 02:20 AM

subsub
#10 of 277 Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 AM

subbin b4 readin.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#11 of 277 Old 01-04-2009, 03:12 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the world Aya Saré--she's amazing

Sorry to thread crash...Happy New Year, everyone!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#12 of 277 Old 01-06-2009, 07:58 PM

Thanks mamas!! We are doing well and she was 10.2 pounds at her 2 week visit yesterday.

As far as vape, we don't have one but I think my dp should get one. I can so smell it all over the place and think getting a vape would be a good investment. From what I hear they seem to be so worth the money. Much better for you and you can use so much more of the herb.

eta: we : thread crashers, georgia! Btw...b/c of your suggestions I chose that particular birth pool and Loved it!! MW loved it so much and she's suggesting it to all of her clients now and future clients. Thanks for the info on it in that thread long ago
#13 of 277 Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
eta: we : thread crashers, georgia! Btw...b/c of your suggestions I chose that particular birth pool and Loved it!! MW loved it so much and she's suggesting it to all of her clients now and future clients. Thanks for the info on it in that thread long ago
Really? I'm so happy to hear that!!! And I hope I've not killed the new thread : I promise I come in peace

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#14 of 277 Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 AM

Hello! I've been too shy to post to this thread before, but now I'm taking the plunge!
To answer a previous poster, I have not noticed any change in my milk supply due to MJ. I'm sure it's different for everyone, though.
#15 of 277 Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachia View Post
Hello! I've been too shy to post to this thread before, but now I'm taking the plunge!
To answer a previous poster, I have not noticed any change in my milk supply due to MJ. I'm sure it's different for everyone, though.
Welcome!

#16 of 277 Old 01-07-2009, 04:39 PM

i also dont have supply issues when using the green medicine.
but i DO have supply issues in general from the reduction.

omg LJ she is GORGEOUS!!!!! what a blessed family :

after we do our taxes and get $ back, we are getting a vape. YAY!!! and i will be able to afford my medical card i cant wait for taxes!!!

#17 of 277 Old 01-07-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
And I hope I've not killed the new thread : I promise I come in peace
: I feel the same way when I post

Tiff - yay for medical cards!

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#18 of 277 Old 01-08-2009, 03:22 PM

Hello all. Just wanted to say hello and Happy New Year. I've lurked here in the past but never posted... Expecting my first LO next month and couldn't be more excited to meet her.

I wanted to comment on the vaporizors. I don't own one myself but two of my closest friends have them. They both bit the bullet and went for the really pricey volcano... I think they cost around $450-500. A lot to spend I know, but it is a wonderful investment and I intend to get one for myself in the near future. They have saved a ton of money on herb by using the vapo. They also save the stuff that has been previously vaporized and in desperate times are able to rely on that for smokage (doesn't taste the best, but will get the job done). I have noticed the lingering smell at both their places, but nothing a little Ozium or Febreze won't take care of.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#19 of 277 Old 01-08-2009, 04:14 PM

please dont mind me, I have NOBODY I want to talk to about this in real life, so Im going to ramble here.

Nursing has been SOOOO uncomfortable lately, its like Vinny always wants to nurse, hes never satisfied, and wants to eat solids constantly. Example. He will nurse for 30 min (rather than the typical 15) then eat a WHOLE avocado, act like he wants more, nurse for 30 min again, and still not be satisfied, beg half a bannanna off his sister, scream for more when its gone, and this goes on ALL DAY. So because of all the extra attention my boobs have been getting they have been SOOO sore.

I never get thrush or yeasties of anykind unless A, Ive been on an antibiotic for a LONG time, or B, Im pregnant, and then I will get a cold and as soon as the cold is over I get a yeast infection...and thats pretty far fetched right now, considering X DF and I only messed around ONCE in the last month, and my fertility signs said no, this is not a fertile day....SO the point is, I did nt think it was thrush, I figired we could rule that out.

Then the soreness never went away, and one side got excruciating and cracked, and SO i look in Vinnys mouth and lo and behold I see white patches on his cheeks and inner lower lip. So i treated with gentin violet and was waiting for it to show some improvement.

I keep wondering what caused it. Like I said, Im not a yeastie person, I NEVeR get yeast infections. I figured, hey maybe on new years eve I had ONE beer, maybe i could handle it but the concentration in the milk was too much for vinny to handle. Ok, so Then...

This morning my neighbor calls me and asks me if I have my period yet. We had gotten our periods the same days last month almost and she is freaking out cause she thinks shes late. So i say, no I dont have it, but Im not due for it yet, so neither must you be, so hold on let me count the days. I whip out my calendar and the first day of MY last period was dec 9th. She had gotten hers a few days before me, so I cont to see if maybe shes late. Sure enough, shes about a week late if shes a 28 dayer. I count mine, and HOLY SH******T Im late too! only by 3/4 days and plus, Im nursing, and that could screw up my cycle length, the last period I got was my first REAL one because it was regular, the ones before that were light and spotty because well, because Im still nursing so much, i dont expect to have heavy ones.

So I run to theCVS and get a pregnancy test with 3 sticks I give my nieghbor one and it immediatelly turns positive. Shes shocked and freaking out adn I help her calm down we have some green calm mellow medicine, and shes freaking out thinking its a fluke and I figure theres no such thing as a false pos unless youve got ovarian cysts, or are taking hCG or were very recently pregnant so Ill take one and show her its NEG and she will believe her test isnt a fluke, its real.

So I go upstairs to my own apartment and when I have to pee, about an hour later, I take one. it immediatelly turns into 2 blue lines. POS!!!

WTFFF????????????????????????????????

so yeah, Im freaking out. Is this why I got thrush? IS thi why I had a cold last week? omg....this cant be, Im supposed to go back to work in a month, Im starting an apprenticeship with my midwife, WHAAAAAAAATTT???

Help me see the bright side, X DF HAS been really awesome to me, to our kids, and he's showing me hes willing to try, really hard. We've figured out hes not just an emotiuonally insensitive A hole, he probably has aspbergers of someother type of high functioning autism, because EVERYTHING we read about it describes him, and I DO know he loves me and I DO love him, and I DO believe to a certain extent that families are supposed to be together, but WOW.....this was not in my plan for 2009.

Helllllllllllppppppppp...............

#20 of 277 Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM

wow Sera, thats alot to deal with!
on one hand, babies are awesome, on the other hand, you will have a baby and a young toddler at the same time, but, you alsop have a pregnancy buddy, and will have a new mom buddy too.
we are here for you, most def.
: have you checked out the FYT here? and built a support group locally? it helps TONS.

#21 of 277 Old 01-08-2009, 08:14 PM

Sera. I know it seems overwhelming, but I truly believe babies come into our lives when they are supposed to, even if it seems like a bad time. Everything will turn out for the best.
#22 of 277 Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Awesome post
#23 of 277 Old 01-09-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachia View Post
Sera. I know it seems overwhelming, but I truly believe babies come into our lives when they are supposed to, even if it seems like a bad time. Everything will turn out for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
wow Sera, thats alot to deal with!
on one hand, babies are awesome, on the other hand, you will have a baby and a young toddler at the same time, but, you alsop have a pregnancy buddy, and will have a new mom buddy too.
we are here for you, most def.
: have you checked out the FYT here? and built a support group locally? it helps TONS.

Thanks so much ladies. I need a better support group locally. I seems like everyone in the MA ct ri area is 40+ min away from me. I dont really run across anyone in my corner of ct. I have great family, here, but could use a few more likeminded friends. I have a few at LLL but they get weird on me sometimes. maybe Im too hippy granola. Not sure.

Anyhow, so I didnt plan on telling x df either, but he cameover and first thing he says is "whats new?", and smiles real big like he knows something So I respond, "uh..not much, the neighbor is pregnant etc and he says" hmmm.... Youre pregnant?" apparently he had a feeling after some random guy at work started a random conversation about kids and how its better to have them closer together.

So, instead of freaking out he's been really awesome. He went out and bought a lottery ticket. Said he think we should decide that its really meant to be and we should sell all his junk scrape up every penny, buy a house and stop paying rent and we should get married. He's SO positive about all of it! Told me i shouldnt go back to work, why should i if after paying for childcare Im just going to be working for health insurance when we can just suck it up and pay our midwife with a tax return or something. She has to be paid in full anyway, this time we just wont get anything back 3 months later! Unless we uc which he had been considering with me last time as an option.

So I have one less thing on my plate to worry about, i dont have to rush back to work, but the exta money would be nice especially if we buy a house. maybe I should do per diem and only pick up shifts here and there. And I only have to find childcare one day a week to do prenatals. im not sure when Nancy will have me start attending births, We'll cross THAT childcare bridge when we get there.

So....Im calm.....or more calm.....Ive never used the green more than once a day and today its been twice! eeek....but im much more mellow now after talking to him. I do love him, Im glad he could be my rock while I crumbled.

.............goin to bed. Seriously love you ladies. Couldnt be sane without mdc!

#24 of 277 Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post
So....Im calm.....or more calm.....Ive never used the green more than once a day and today its been twice! eeek....but im much more mellow now after talking to him. I do love him, Im glad he could be my rock while I crumbled.
:
#25 of 277 Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 PM

Sera, thats really great news to har. i am so glad he has been such a strong solid rock for you. way to go dude!
after being dry for almost a month, i finally got some lovely homegrown that has REALLY helped ease my pains. if i alternate the vicodin and the green i can totally function as a human being! YAY!!!

#26 of 277 Old 01-10-2009, 04:59 PM

So I totally forgot that there was a winter thread haha and was wondering why no one was posting anymore >_<

Hey I haven't caught up to what we're talkin' about yet but does anyone have a good baking recipe? I tried making brownies the other night and they weren't as amazing as I've had before...

By the way I loved that birthing story
#27 of 277 Old 01-11-2009, 03:28 AM

Hey y'all, I was looking for an online home of nice, smart, loving mamas who are supportive of cannabis use.
So I found this thread. How do I join? Do you just continue replying to this one thread "Winter MJ/Cannabis Mamas"? And then yall switch to a new one in the spring to start fresh? I guess I'm new to forums in general.
-Tumalo
#28 of 277 Old 01-11-2009, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Sera, thats really great news to har. i am so glad he has been such a strong solid rock for you. way to go dude!
after being dry for almost a month, i finally got some lovely homegrown that has REALLY helped ease my pains. if i alternate the vicodin and the green i can totally function as a human being! YAY!!!
I hear you mama! I have been medicating so much lately & IT REALLY HELPS! I am singing praises to the sacrament these days.

For those who don't know (which is really everyone but Tiff ) I have been laid out flat on the floor for 10 days. My back went out & I had to have an ambulance take me to the hospital: Of course the hospital did what they do & gave me a ton of really strong pharmys. They gave me 2 vicodin, a vallium, oxycontin & a shot of toridol in the butt....in less than 1 hour : I don't normally take western meds so I was pretty loopy for a while. It just makes me angry that the hospitals will give pregnant & nursing mothers that kind of pharm and tell me it's ok for nursing & then get mad at me for being a medical marijuana patient!
After all that I decided all I needed was some good herbal healing & a bit of soul searching & now I feel a million times better :

Sera- I'm glad to hear you're having a positive outlook & that your man is being awesome. Positive vibes are really good for you, especially right now.
#29 of 277 Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinej11 View Post
So I totally forgot that there was a winter thread haha and was wondering why no one was posting anymore >_<

Hey I haven't caught up to what we're talkin' about yet but does anyone have a good baking recipe? I tried making brownies the other night and they weren't as amazing as I've had before...

By the way I loved that birthing story
I personally love making ganja coconut oil & then using it to make coconut flour cookies (since I don't do gluten these days ) I can post the recipe if your interested.
#30 of 277 Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMARabbitt View Post
I personally love making ganja coconut oil & then using it to make coconut flour cookies (since I don't do gluten these days ) I can post the recipe if your interested.
Oooooh coconut that sounds yummy! Yes!!! Please

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page