Not Mamas.....Yet Tribe Part XVII (Summer 2008) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the Not Mamas... Yet Tribe, Part XVI (Summer 2008)

(with thanks to Rico'sAlice for most of this text)

::::

Iaorana! As-salaamu `alaykum! Merhaba! Γεια σου! Ãyubõván! Jambo! Hola! Boa tarde! Ciao! Guten Tag! Bonjour! Magandang Hapon Po! Selamat petang! Konnichiwa!

Hello! Returning members, glad you made it over, hope the trip wasn't too hard. Just put your feet up and relax for a while. We've got organic lemonade, coffee (regular and Swiss-water-process decaf), pastured raw milk, kombucha, kefir, whatever you're into. (No EBM available here- Sorry. Check out the Love Threadfor that.)

Newbies! We are sooo excited you're here. We hope you stay a while and never leave... unless it is because you become a mama. Of course there are a few long-time thread members who are now pregnant and we haven't managed to kick them off yet so there's really no good reason why you can't stay here for the. rest. of. your. life. (Did that come across as a little too intense?) Here's a post especially for those of you who are new to this thread.

Anyway, this thread was originally started to give those of us who are not yet parents a forum here at MDC to discuss the unique concerns of those who are into NFL, and excited about AP but don't have any munchkins to apply these concepts to...yet. (Although some of us have furbabies, young family members, students, etc. that we are involved with.)

As I mentioned, a few of us have gotten pregnant while here, others are TTC now, some in the next few years, some of us aren't even close. We've also had the occasional visitor that is a "Not Mama...EVER" ie, male nannies and such. We're happy to have all y'all!

The original thread was started waaaay back in November of 2002. We will all miss it dearly but at 2500 posts we feared it was becoming intimidating to new members. In September 2006 we began Not Mamas Yet II and the thread went mad. In less than a month we tallied well over 1000 posts and gained several new very active members...and we want more!!! October 2006 brought another rapidly moving thread and the launch of a NMY Fitness Thread. Then, one of our NMYs became a new mama and the NMY Graduates Love Thread was born. Now, every month or so, we start a new thread.

So here we are. And here you are. Let the party begin!

NMY Offshoot Threads

NMY Graduates Love Thread
NMY Graduates Love Thread, Part Two
NMY Graduates Love Thread, Part Three
NMY Fitness Thread

Past NMY Threads

Part XV - Winter 2007/2008
Part XIV- October/November 2007
Part XIII- September 2007
Part XII- August 2007
Part XI- July 2007
Part X- June 2007
Part IX - April/May 2007
Part VIII - March 2007
Part VII - February 2007
Part VI - January 2007
Part V - December 2006
Part IV - November 2006
Part III - October 2006
Part II - September 2006
Part I - November 2002 to August 2006

Official NMY Status Roster
Getting to know you...getting to know all about you...

Post in the thread if you want your information added, updated, or changed. If it seems as if I didn't see it, send me a PM. Thanks!

Graduates

Katt, age 30 :mama to Teotimo since 12/27/06
~Shanna~ : mama to Fenton Edward since 3/26/07
Holiztic : mama to Quinn since 4/13/07
BeccaBear, age 28 -:mama to Alexander Lewis since 5/6/07
Rico'sAlice, age 27 - :mama to Johannes Edward since 5/20/07
turtle81 , age 25 - :mama to Phillip since 6/02/07
farmama, age 29 - :mama to Natalina since 7/17/07
Maela, age 26 - :mama to Maev since 7/17/07
jodib, age 29 - :mama to Rosalie Jayne since 7/23/07
PiePie, age 36 - :mama to since 8/16/07
arelyn, age 25 - :mama to Micaiah since 8/16/07
hazieluna, age 35 - :mama to Aidan Sebastian since 9/15/07
ATD_Mom, age 32 - :mama to Alasdair since 9/16/07
Sihaya, age 24 - :mama to Calvin since 12/22/07

Pregnant

Alcyone, age 29
blizzard_babe
cking
GathererGirl, age 27
snozzberry, age 29
witchygrrl, age 29
zoebird, age 31
babysnyder'smommy, age 25
MujerMamaMismo, age 29
Safigee, age 28

TTC Currently

binkin
DvlDg, age 24
MrsMiller, age 22
oneKnight, age 21
barose
CalaRei
CourtBChase
Kriket, age 24
MBFoley, age 32

TTC 2008

Mama Khi, age 30
Patronia, planning on August 2008
sphinxie, age 29, planning on Spring 2008
stretch358, age 31, planning on Summer 2008
LibertyBelle, planning on Mid-October 2008
JessicaRenee
willowbean
MamaDK
zejh
APBTlover
Angi

TTC 2009

AsYouWish
doulaLeah
crunchysamma
Hellga
MEcatlady17 -25
Monarchgrrl - 30
Knittinanny - 27
jaclyn7 - 24
Tippy
Bazile - 22
Oztok5, around...Aug, Sep, Oct

TTC 2010 and beyond

Charliemae, age 20
Just_Isabel, age 22
Kyamo, age 23
Lambsauce, age 18
Rico'sAlice, age 27 (TTC #2)
Shaina, age 18
Sk8ermaiden, age 23
CAndMe
Kimiij, age 23
ashcav
akaisha, age 22
Oiseau
Kyamo, planning on TTC Aug 2010!
Freud, age 25
Hesperia, age 21 planning on TTC august 2010!
GuavaGirl, 25 yrs old, TTC 2010!

Not Sure Yet

anonyma, age 33
asoulunbound, age 20
Jenne, age 30
joiedevivre184, age 19
ladyinred, age 26
MsHelena, age 22
TwilightJoy, age 21
justbecca, age 21
MonkeyScience
JlyGrnMigt
Sage.Naissance
Andee
Neuromancer

Planning to Adopt :

w8ing4myDD, age 37, adopting from China in 2009
crunchysamma
justbecca
MamaDK

Birthdays :

January
MamaDK...6th
Tippy...15th

February
Monkeyscience...5th
Akaisha...6th, 1986
snozzberry…Kelly…9th, 1978
Kyamo…10th, 1985
Sihaya…Steph…12th, 1983
Neuromancer...19th, 1977

March
Frog...2nd
justbecca...5th
stretch358…5th
Alcyone…Lorry…7th, 1978
CAndMe...8th
AsYouWish...13th, 1977

April
MujerMamaMismo…4th, 1979
Lambsauce…Allie…7th, 1989
Rico'sAlice…Alice…9th, 1980
JessicaRenee...10th, 1988
~Shanna~…14th
oneKnight…14th
anonyma…21st, 1974
willowbean....26th, 1979
CalaRei....27th
APBTlover

May
Binkin…4th
witchygrrl…12th
ashcav...22nd, 1987
blizzard_babe…Sara…24th, 1979
Patronia...29th

June
Sk8ermaiden...20, 1984
jaclyn7...23rd, 1984
Jenne…24th
PiePie…27th

July
Angi...2nd, 1970
arelyn…4th, 1982
ladyinred… 4th, 1981
Kriket...5th, 1984
CourtBChase...11th
doulaLeah...14th, 1982
GatherGirl... 15th, 1982

August
cking…Christina…4th
Oiseau...5th
Andee...9th, 1985
Charliemae…Charlene…14th, 1987
Sage.Naissance...28th
MEcatlady17

September
Kimiij...1st...1984
DvlDg...5th
babysnyder'smommy...6th
Bazile...7th, 1985
Hellga...16th, 1984
Mama Khi…25, 1977

October
JlyGrnMigt...8th...1979
BeccaBear…Rebecca…10th, 1979
MrsMiller…Barbara…12th, 1984
Hesperia...12th

November
zejh...18th
Monarchgrrl...20th, 1977

December
barose...1st
Shaina…5th, 1988
semisnotapirate…Sara…24th, 1984
Knittinanny...12th

Hey baby…what's your sign?

Capricorn
farmama
MamaDK
Tippy

Aquarius
Just_Isabel
Katt
Sihaya
snozzberry
monkeyscience
Akaisha

Pisces
Alcyone
AsYouWish
Holiztic
MsHelena
stretch358
justbecca
CAndMe
Frog
Neuromancer

Aries
MujerMamaMismo
oneKnight
Rico'sAlice
~Shanna~
JessicaRenee

Taurus
anonyma
binkin
wateraddict
witchygrrl
CalaRei
willowbean

Gemini
blizzard_babe
Maela
w8ing4myDD
Sk8ermaiden
Patronia
ashcav

Cancer
Jenne
PiePie
zoebird
doulaLeah
Angi
CourtBChase
kriket
Ladyinred
Kriket
MBFoley

Leo
Charliemae
cking
Andee
Oiseau
MEcatlady17

Virgo
DvlDg
Kimiij
Sage.Naissance
Hellga
Bazile

Libra
BeccaBear
Mama Khi
MrsMiller
babysnyder'smommy
JlyGrnMigt
Hesperia

Scorpio
zejh
Monarchgrrl

Sagittarius
Shaina
barose
Knittinanny

Post in the thread if you want your information added, updated, or changed. If it seems as if I didn't see it, send me a PM and I will do my best to fix it. Thanks!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#2 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 12:50 AM

Woo, I'm the first one to post on the new thread! I win!
#3 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 12:58 AM

yay, new thread!

i know some of you ladies are adopting, does anyone want to talk about adoption? i've been looking into it more seriously (it's always been a thought but i've never really explored it before). i know i want at least 2 birth babies, but the question of any others coming biologically or via adoption as has always been up in the air. DP is very open to it (transracial, sibling group, twins are all fine with him), and the more i research the more i feel called to adopt as well. anyone else planning on adopting some or all of their kids?
#4 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha
(at least the ones sold in canada are anyway). it's easy to change the batteries.

just occurred to me that you're both in canada anyway,
Yep, I'm pretty sure they don't have Shoppers or Life brand in the States.

Quote:
anyone else planning on adopting some or all of their kids?
Probably not if I have no trouble making biological kids, but if I do have any not-easily-solved fertility problems, I think I would go with adoption instead of fertility treatments. My brother-in-law and his wife went through almost ten years of expensive fertility treatments and so so many miscarriages. They now have a four-year-old daughter through adoption. My Dad is also adopted.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#5 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 08:46 AM

It's definitely on my radar. I know that we will not have any more than 2 biological children due to ecological footprint issues. If we end up wanting more than 2 kids, than any others would be adopted. I'd love to be able to adopt them around the same time I have my other kids though so I would be able to breastfeed the adopted kiddos too. If it were later on, I'd be willing to try relactation though. We're both open to transracial adoption and I would be ok with adopting a child with mild to moderate special needs. I don't think my partner would be open to that though. I think the biggest issue for us would be the financial aspect of adopting. I know more about international adoption than domestic adoption...though I have recently decided that I'd prefer to go the domestic route, but it just seems like the legal fees and everything really add up. We'll see what happens when the time comes.

And yay for the new thread! :

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#6 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
I think we're a "definite maybe" on that... Like a few others have said, if we have trouble getting/staying pregnant, we'd go for adoption. I also have always thought if I wanted "a lot" of children, I'd want to adopt some in the future. Not quite sure what "a lot" will be, or how far in the future that would be, though for adoption we'd definitely wait longer--waiting to get pregnant just 5 or 10 years (when I'm 35 or 40) could be a problem, but waiting to adopt till I'm 40 or even close to 50 wouldn't be so much (my parents are healthy and active in their 60's)...

As it is, I'll hopefully know by the end of the summer. It's July already???

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

#7 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 AM

: Yay new thread! :
(I really love that smiley, so cute)

My thermometer is vicks brand. I wish I had bought a life brand one because from everything I've heard it's much better. On the back of the package it does claim to have a memory function but in the instructions it doesn't say how to use it. I've tried pressing and holding for a long time, no luck so far. maybe I haven't been holding it long enough... I'll go check okay so yeah, it does have a memory feature. I just wasn't holding it long enough. :So my only complaint with it now is that it beeps too much when it's done. But it can do C or F which is cool.

I've thought a little bit about adoption if we found out for some reason we couldn't have kids. I just found out my luteal phase is short so regardless we're probably going to need some help to conceive. I would really like to have two children. And I know there are lots of older children waiting to be adopted, moreso than babies but I would really like to get babies if we adopted.

I'm having a really hard time getting a doctor here right now. New Brunswick has an amazingly large amount of people who do not have family doctors and I'm unfortunately one of them. I don't trust Df's doctor so I don't want to go to her but I really would like to find a good one before we start TTC. I'm on a waiting list but who knows how long that will take. I've put the word out amongst my friends that I'm looking as well and hoping that one of their doctors will be able to take me on. I ended up going to the after hours clinic the other day and had to get a pap test. I'm a bit weird about male doctors in general, always have been, but for something like this... anyway, it was a pretty terrible experience, I didn't feel comfortable enough to ask any of the questions I wanted to ask, I just wanted to get out of there asap and came home and cried all over Df then he took me out for ice cream. I love Df. So does anyone know any good female doctors in Fredericton that are taking on patients?
#8 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 AM

Hi everyone!
I haven't posted forever, I've been busy!
I've lost 3 kg, I've finished the majority of my schoolwork and I've been dealing with some family drama

As for adoption - I'd consider it, but I'd be worried about passing all the check and such. Maybe one day.

Lu - A ten year plan is forming, here's hoping everything lines up
#9 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

When I was a little girl, I begged and cried daily for my Mother to adopt a child. I just didn't understand why she didn't want to! Thinking back, that must have been stressful for a single mother raising her daughter very very alone, oops.

I would adopt in a moment if I had issues with my fertility, and had the resources (money!). I would also adopt if I had say....2-3 children and we decided we wanted more (which probably wouldn't happen, but you never know). I would love to have the chance to be a surrogate mother as well, but given my environmental mind, I don't think under my conscience I could bring a child into this world for someone, when there are millions awaiting in the wings. Being a surrogate mother to me would be selfish, since I would be fulfilling my wants to carry a child. I also don't think I could have enough emotional detachment to the fetus growing to make it work, but I would love to.

On another note, it is so windy here today, that my doors inside the house just all slammed, and my gardenia potted plant flew out the window. I luckily caught the coffee plant before it also dive bombed, that would have been really sad, it makes FRUITS with caffeine. Or theoretically it will one day (as in 6 more years), but still.

ladyinred - I'm glad you figured out the thermometer, how much does it beep? Mine is rather boisterous after it is done, so I press the button once to shut it up. Then I hold that bugger to get the memory version of it. Maybe now that the memory is working you can get it to beep less...I think they should have a "making really simple BBT thermometers work for really bright people trying to chart" for dummies.

Patronia - awesome work on losing weight!

P.S is the ad currently at the bottom of this page driving anyone else batty, like REALLY batty? I complained about it, in the Q&A section because I didn't remember which mod I was to forward the info to about it. She told me I needed to get the URL for the actual site, which I did. I really hope it comes down soon. Something about looking at CNN, USAtoday, FOXnews and Oprah endorsed weight lose really really really irks me on MDC. Anyone else?

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#10 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 AM

Hey everyone!

: Thanks for starting the Summer thread Hesperia! :

My IUI is on Wednesday or Thursday. Depends on the u/s on Wednesday. As for adopting, I would be very open to it. I would like to try for at least one bio child first. If that doesn't work, then I'll consider the adoption route. I would probably go with a slightly older child though. Toddler or older. As for "race" (which I think is a misnomer, but it is understood by everyone) I don't care. As long as the child likes me, likes my dog, and chooses me, so be it.

And if I can't adopt, I'll try for being the neighborhood dog / cat lady. :
#11 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 PM

Yay! We're going begin trying to TTC on Friday (long story short--I am super sensitive and so we weren't able to get very far on Saturday night so we're going to try something new)

Here are some pictures that Chris' dad took on Saturday after the wedding!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/broken-...7606062721325/

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#12 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 PM

I'm not on the list at the beginning! I don't think I ever sent the info. What am I supposed to send, and to whom?

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#13 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
i know some of you ladies are adopting, does anyone want to talk about adoption? ... and the more i research the more i feel called to adopt as well. anyone else planning on adopting some or all of their kids?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
It's definitely on my radar. I know that we will not have any more than 2 biological children due to ecological footprint issues.
Yes, I would love to adopt. I've been saying for a while that I want one naturally and one adopted, but discussions with my partner haven't really gone beyond "omg babies now pleeze?" He does his research in China, so there's a pretty good chance we'd try for a Chinese baby, but I'd look domestically too. I need to read Bill McKibben's book "Maybe One" about having only one child for ecological reasons and combatting the popular stereotype of only children being spoiled and maladjusted. I think I'd be happy with one baby, but it's hard knowing that there are orphanages full of kids needing love.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#14 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Definitely. I know I want at last 2-3 bio kids and then it would be nice to have 1-2 adopted kids. I have always wanted to adopt and can't wait to go down that road. Right now, I'm leaning towards international adoption but would consider domestic if the situation was right.

Off topic...but I'm glad I actually made it in time to be on the first page of an NMY thread!
#15 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Yeah, I'm going to try shutting the thing off and then getting the memory rather than letting it beep insane amounts of time while I try to read and record the temp in the dark. There's no light on it either. Seemed so inconvenient I was ready to chuck it but better now that I know there is actually a memory to the silly thing.

Could I be added to the Cancers in the sun sign section?

This is probably a silly question, but patriona, what's an IUI?
#16 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 06:14 PM

I'm not patronia, but to answer your question ladyinred: IUI is Intrauterine Insemination. It's a fertility treatment where they inject prepared sperm directly into the uterus during ovulation. I'm having it done with donor sperm because, much to my mother's disappointment, I'm not married (or even involved), but want a child. It can also be used for motility issues.
Give the little buggers a head start, so to speak.
#17 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 PM

In regards to the BBT convo, I'd just like to put in a positive review for the BD one. It does beep every sec or so while you take your temp (to let you know it's still in the right place) but it has an indiglo light and a memory function. I got mine for $10 on ebay. Don't know if it comes in Celcuis or just F though.

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#18 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Wheee!! New thread! :

Anyway, Hesperia (I think) talked about a book club for pregnancy/birth/fertility/etc. books. Please, please, please sign me up! Everyone thinks I'm a total nutter, but I've recently read:
  • Taking Charge of Your Fertility
  • The Doula Advantage
  • The Doula Book
  • The VBAC Companion
  • Easy Labor (warning: NOT natural-birth based, but nonetheless informative in many different, and probably unintended, ways)
  • Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
  • Birthing from Within
I just got The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth and Having Twins and More from the library for the second (or maybe third?) time. (I didn't get around to reading them before they were due the last times, and others had requested them!) I also got What to Expect When You're Expecting, since that's the book my soon-to-be SIL has. Also, since I plan on being an OB, I want to read all the books I can, so I know what sorts of ideas women are being exposed to.

So... we could start a NMY book club thread, although there technically is a whole section about books around here somewhere. (Which is where I got the names of most of the books I read!)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#19 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 06:59 PM

Hey there! Thanks to Hesperia for starting the new thread!

I am happy to talk with anyone (privately or in the thread) about international adoption. I am OBSESSED. We have been waiting for almost 19 months AFTER finishing the paperchase, and we still don't know how much longer the wait will be. We're hoping for 2009, but who knows? Anyway, I'll probably be a NMYer for quite a while, so I look forward to chatting with y'all!

lisa

: Mama to 2
Waiting 3 years and counting to be a mama to a non-furry babe...
#20 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
beeps at the end to wake you back up let you know it's done.
hehe so true so true...

DH and I are planning on only having 2 biokids and adopting the rest (I say adopt at least 3, DH is still squinting at me about that ) we've thought about foster-adopt but I think DH is afraid of the heartache of having a baby then having to give him/her so someone else. *swoon* He's going to make a wonderful papa

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#21 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittinanny View Post
I'm not on the list at the beginning! I don't think I ever sent the info. What am I supposed to send, and to whom?
the year you're planning to TTC (if you know), your birthday and your astrology sign by PM to hesperia or by just writing in in the thread. if you do it in thread bold it so hesperia notices.

and yay for lots of people wanting to adopt! as far as we know we should be able to have bio kids (we've never actually tried), and we also want to adopt. right now my big issue is order. i have uneasy feelings about having bio kids first then adopting, because i don't want it to feel like there are two groups of kids, the bio kids and the adoptees. i like the idea of interspersing them, but it's hard because i'd rather have bio kids young (especially because i want to UC). then there's the issue of minimum age and length of marriage req's, which we won't meet for a few more years. i also hope i'm still nursing a bio kid (or 2?) when i adopt so it'll be easier to start adoptive BFing, at least on my end, who knows how quickly the kid will take to it, but i'd induce lactation if i had to and pump for them if they didn't take to nursing.

i'm definitely leaning toward international adoption, ethiopia specifically.
#22 of 535 Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaRenee View Post
Here are some pictures that Chris' dad took on Saturday after the wedding!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/broken-...7606062721325/
It looks like your day was very beautiful! That dress was great.

As regards to us TTC... it may be put off another month. BUT that's because we might be buying a house! : It's smaller than the one we've been renting, but it's very secluded, fields and forests all around. Perfect! It's also close to some of my (beloved) relatives, which will make it easier for them to help out with our future little ones.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#23 of 535 Old 07-11-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBTlover View Post
It looks like your day was very beautiful! That dress was great.

As regards to us TTC... it may be put off another month. BUT that's because we might be buying a house! : It's smaller than the one we've been renting, but it's very secluded, fields and forests all around. Perfect! It's also close to some of my (beloved) relatives, which will make it easier for them to help out with our future little ones.
Yay!: Congrats on getting a house Sounds like it's a perfect location too!
#24 of 535 Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM

Hey! I'm new to this thread. Clearly I hadn't perused all of MDC. I've been posting in the wanting but waiting thread in Family Planning, and yup, that's pretty much where I am at right now. We plan to TTC in 2009, but if it were up to me I think I'd be trying now. Can't wait to be an AP mama...

for the first post...I'm 25, plan to TTC in 2009, b-day is in August which makes me a Leo...I think that was all the info?...

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#25 of 535 Old 07-11-2008, 05:17 PM

#26 of 535 Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 PM

MEcatlady17, welcome!

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#27 of 535 Old 07-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Hi all! I don't post much, but I try to keep up with the reading.

Hesperia, can you add me to the list at the beginning, please?

TTC 2009

Birthday: November 20, 1977

Scorpio

Thanks!

So, my DP wasn't exactly 100% on board with TTC in 2009 (it will probably be January!!) until a few days ago. She just wanted to wait a few more years, but couldn't really say why. I've wanted a baby since I was 12 and the desire/baby fever has increased triple-fold since my brother (only sibling) died 4 months ago. Now, I feel even more like I NEED to have a child so my family can grow and so I can give all the love that is inside of me now. But just a few days ago she realized that she is ready to put 100% of her attention and life into raising a child sooner, rather than later. I am SO HAPPY!!!!!! :

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#28 of 535 Old 07-12-2008, 12:05 AM

Hah, i automatically clicked on the thread title, and clicked view first unread without noticing it was actually a new thread. i'm kinda a dunce tonight. Thanks Hesperia! I kept meaning to start a new one, but contrary to what it may seem, it's not just copy/paste, most of the formatting gets lost. and to be honest, i'm lazy these days.

I'm definitely planning on adopting, probably locally, likely special needs kids. I'm also planning on bio kids...i want a lot of kids.

Jessica, the wedding looks beautiful! You both look so happy!

Bex, 25, wheelchair.gif currently only mom to my 3cat.gif, happily reading and learning until i have kids of my own!

#29 of 535 Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 AM

Ok, I'm ttc 2009, saggitarius - december 12, and i'm 27.

I think DP is more comfortable with adopting that with us having bio-children. I'm a bit apprehensive about adopting in the US (irrational fears about our kids being taken away because we're big ol' queers) but I feel better about it in the UK. I looked into it some a few months ago, and I'm not sure if we'll ever have the money for adopting. It seems really sad and weird to me that it's so difficult to adopt. Kids need loving parents! It shouldn't be that hard!

I've been having a lot of sadness recently that I can't have an 'oops' situation. It's my own issue, but it feels really unfair to me that I have to go through all sorts of struggle to get 'baby batter' just cause my DP wasn't born a bio man. It's really hard for him too - I think it might be one of the reasons he's still so unsure about TTC next year. Meh. Anyways.:

Monarch - congrats on your DP wanting babies soon! So exciting!
APBT- awesome about the house! fields and forests! That sounds lovely!
Anyone else getting married soon? I want to see more wedding pictures!

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#30 of 535 Old 07-12-2008, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations to all the lovelies TTC in 2009.

I'll get you guys up soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page