Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend in desperate need. TIA.
#2 of 7 Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 PM

Did she get in touch with Bambi? I know Mel is one but am not sure if she's still around. They will definitely know how to find one. Also try Samitivej hospital, they're probably the most bf friendly and should be able to hook your friend up. Good luck.
#3 of 7 Old 03-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital. Khun Meena is the only fully trained LC in the country. I'm training to be a lactation counselor.... depends on how much help she needs.

Mel is not around much. I think she's back in the U.K. at the moment.

ETA: I just realized it's Saturday. Meena only works M-F, so if your friend needs help this weekend I'm available.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#4 of 7 Old 07-06-2009, 08:01 AM

HELP!! BANGKOK MOM AND DAD NEED YOU!!

My wife and I just had our first baby at Thai Nakarin Hospital (near Bangkok, in Bang Na). We are scheduled to leave tomorrow (July 7, 2009) back to our apartment only 1km away. We had a near natural birth (by choice) but ended with an epidural at 9cm. Our new baby girl is doing great and has wonderful lungs!

My wife wants to be sure that our baby is breastfed. We believe in breastfeeding and its proven benefits for both mother and baby. BUT...we're having soooo much trouble get her to start.

WE NEED TO FIND SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP....SOON...we don't want to give up and hand over the bottle!

We understand Khun Meena (via this forum thread) is qualified as others are, too. Can someone help us??? We are hoping to find a personal coach and frequent supporter in our home.

My wife is Thai, speaks english well. I'm a US citizen. We leave back to the US in late August, so we want to get things started right!

Please email us a PM and let us know who? what qualifications? and how much we can expect to pay?

Any info response to this would be great, too!
#5 of 7 Old 07-07-2009, 02:58 PM

Hi,

I can't help you with finding someone local to help you but I just had to reply. I had my ds in Asia and had breastfeeding difficulties. I used the Internet as a resource to help me as I had no one local.

Please post your wife's breastfeeding difficulties in the breastfeeding forum. There are a lot of posters that can provide some helpful information for you. Also google Dr. Jack Newman- he has some useful videos on his website.

If you, have skype maybe you can find a lc that can do video conferencing with your wife to help.

I hope all goes well with your family.
#6 of 7 Old 07-11-2009, 04:38 AM

I'm out of Bangkok for another 2 weeks, but would be happy to see you when I get back. I live about 1km from Thainakarin Hospital.

Right now, the only qualified person around to help would be Meena at Samitivej Sukhumvit hospital and you'd have to visit her. I'd love to hear your experiences with Thainakarin and natural birth as it's a rarity there from what I understand. It was my backup hospital during one of my pregnancies

Oh, and I think we've already been in contact re: birth in Thailand via the Thai Visa Forum

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#7 of 7 Old 02-19-2011, 04:30 AM

For anyone reading this thread and looking for lactation support in Bangkok or Thailand, please take a look at The Parent Vine Thailand (http://parentvine.net).  There is a lot of information about breastfeeding in Thailand, and we try to keep our directory updated with lactation counselors and other breastfeeding support resources available here.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page