Excercises - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in London with my husband. I am in India right now with my parents and plan to stay here for a while. I am still undecided whether to stay back in India until delivery or to go back to London some time in December.

I had a very tough 1st trimester and was even hospitalised becuase of dehydration. Now, my health is fine. I am quite excited abt. my pregnancy but am also a little apprehensive about certain things. My biggest concern is swine flu. I take every possible precaution to avoid the flu but the worry of getting it is still there. How do you people cope with this fear, if at all you fear swine flu.

I maternal home is in Jammu (J&K). I have not heard of any formal pregnancy classes here. I have this constant feeling of missing out on important excersises and other stuff. Could any one of you please tell me which excersises are MOST IMPORTANT. I do go for a walk in the morning for abt 30 mins. I also do some basic breathing excersises. Is there anything else I should be knowing and doing?

-AB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssethi View Post

Could any one of you please tell me which excersises are MOST IMPORTANT. I do go for a walk in the morning for abt 30 mins. I also do some basic breathing excersises. Is there anything else I should be knowing and doing?

-AB
Generally 30 min walk everyday sounds about ok. This is what I read as a "guide" somewhere - 4-5 hours of brisk walking a week or 3-4 hours of aerobic excercises. I'm never too religious about sticking to schedules- either excercise or meal plan wise - but I do a combination of prenatal excercises/ yoga (mostly from Denise Austin's book which I'd recommend getting. could also try the DVD ), walking (most common), and stationary biking at the gymn (rare) whatever I feel like or can fit in my schedule. I think I do manage to make the recommended or somewere close. Prenatal excercises have the added benefit of helping you work on specific muscles. walking up/downhill is much better than on flat. Kegels are good anytime.

There are many online forums one can spend hours browsing. I particularly found
DC Urban moms and dads a pretty good and mature one. . besides for me I can get local information. this is where I found all the rave reviews about the birth center we went to and some other independent midwives and docs.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page