Midwifes or Doulas in Koh Samui, Thailand? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-27-2010, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello to the Mothering Community!

I am asking on behalf of my daughter, who lives in Koh Samui, Thailand, if anyone knows of a midwife or doula on Koh Samui. My daughter, an expat from California, is due with her first child in February of 2011 and is finding that the closest hospital to give birth in any natural way is far away in Bangkok. 

Can anyone help with more information? 

Thank you all!

#2 of 3 Old 12-09-2010, 09:00 PM

Hi there, I don't know of any midwives or doulas on Samui, but your daughter can take a look at The Parent Vine Thailand (parentvine.net) to get more background about birthing in Thailand in general, and the different support resources (doulas, etc).  Right now, most of our resources are Bangkok-based, but this might be useful for her anyway.

Also, we're trying to gather information on birth and birth support resources in different cities in Thailand, including Samui, so if she has gathered information about Samui in the meanwhile that she'd like to share with others, she should feel free to contact us.

#3 of 3 Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 PM

Hello,

I see you haven't been online here since 2011 but in hopes this may get to you. My name is Heather Heliger, born and raised in California. I'm thinking about moving to Ko Samui, Thailand and would love to talk with a Californian who lives there for advice. If you get this would you be willing to send my email onto your daughter?

It's heathersings@me.com. You can send her my website as well, heatherheliger.com.

Thanks!
Heather

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page