A question for the China mummies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-28-2011, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a FTM to a five month old baby boy. We were living in China prior to having the baby but returned home to Australia to actually give birth (didn't want to deal with Chinese hospitals).
Now we've been back 3 weeks and I'm more concerned than ever before about our eating habits, cleaning products etc... We're using mostly cloth nappies (diapers) except for a few occasions but I'm wondering, what do people use for laundry detergents? How about cleaning products? I usually use baking soda but can't always get white vinegar so I often use rice vinegar but not sure that really does the same job. And finally, how about organic foods? Is there a way to really know?! My teacher says she thinks most organic farms in China are a sham because there aren't enough regulations to abide by (or people to regulate them). What are you all doing about this kind of thing?
#2 of 2 Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Where in China are you?  I know of a source for organic veggies in Kunming.  If your city has a Metro, that might be good for big jugs of white vinegar, though I'd guess that if you get the bubbles when you use rice vinegar, you're probably fine.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page