Moving to New Delhi! Who is already there? Who has advice on India living? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-01-2011, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are moving there this month, I have a 6 and 4 year old. We will be homeschooling. (any leads on other HSers in the city?)

My husband will be working with basketball India, I am a midwife (a CPM) and hoping to do some charity work or help women with homebirths. I know about Birth India, this is a wonderful NGO!!!

I am looking for advice and thoughts on living in this city with kids. We are going to be looking for language lessons, and the typical lessons for kids music, art, sports and stuff like that.

Not sure where exactly in the city we will live, we will find an apartment once we get there!

I guess I am just looking for other families living in Delhi who are making it work!!!

looking forward to responses! Thanks ladies!

~Manga

mom to Zoe 12-04 and Titus 5-07 both:
#2 of 4 Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 AM

Hi, I moved to Delhi in July this year with my two kids. I live in Safdarjung Enclave. Have you connected with any families yet? Am also a member of Birth India though its not too active in Delhi. Although its not my line of work I'd love to hear about your interest in homebirths. A friend of mine has recently moved here from Canada and is setting up a maternity clinic in rural Rajastan (near Kota). I think part of their work is also to train traditional midwives.

PM me your mobile number and we'll try and connect. 

: mom to my little monkey 01/2006 my HBAC baby girl born 09/2009 
#3 of 4 Old 12-31-2011, 01:16 AM

Hi there!  There are a number of homeschoolers in Delhi, hope you have gotten in touch with them or they with you.  Just popping in to say hello because I am attending the Birth India Conference in January.  Will you be there?   Pasting info below:

Birth India's Annual Natural Childbirth Conference
Safe and Supported Birth: A Human Right

21 January 2012 - Bangalore, India

For more information please see our Bangalore events section:

http://bit.ly/vvkUAD

To register for the conference,  please fill and submit the online registration form found at: http://www.bangalorebirth.org/beta/online-registration-form-birth-india-conference-jan-2012

#4 of 4 Old 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM

So I know this is a super old post...BUT I stumbled upon it through Google...and have signed up to this just to try and contact you!!

Are you still in Delhi??

I am living in Varanasi...I am a mumma of an 18month old little girl who is GORGEOUS!

We are passionate homebirthers...and as we begin to think about another baby I can;t think any further without first considering Where to have a baby???

We are commited to India, so I don;t want to go back to Australia, but at the same time do not trust ANY hospital in Varanasi...and I've heard Delhi are just as bad!

I only want a homebirth, but would have no idea where to even start with finding someone I trust.

SO I guess...I want to know about you, and if the time comes, may have to hop on a train to Delhi!

Love love

N.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page