Thailand this winter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I am trying to become a doula and childbirth educator via childbirth international and I am hoping to meet some of you in Thailand this winter.

We will arive in Bangkok on december 3, will stay there for a little bit, and from there go to Koh Samui. We will have untill the beginning of March.

Maybe I could join one of you doulas or childbirth educators on some lessons or other activities?

I tried to find some of the old threads but they all seem to be gone....???

Hope to get some responds here!!!!

Angela!
(mum to Wobbe- sep 2006)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 AM

Hi Angela!

As far as I know, there are 3 doulas, 3 childbirth ed?, and one lactation consultant in Bangkok.

I was doing private classes but with the best pro-natural hospital offering classes FREE for those using its facilities, there is no interest in private classes. But, the woman teaching the classes probably wouldn't mind having you attend to learn. I can get you her contact information if you'd like.

There is a lot of doula work for the one practicing doula! I'm still on "maternity" leave as my 14mo old twins are still nursing around the clock. I'm hopeing to get pumping going better so I can attend a birth in January. One doula is now on staff to help with lactation at one of the biggest hospitals.

The other doula is the busiest and may like to have someone on call, especially during the holidays. I can get you in contact with her as well.

You can also get involved with the BAMBI group.

If you're going outside of Bangkok, you won't find much of anything unfortunately. Regardless of what you can see or do, I'd love to meet you and just talk about birth, doula, CBE, whatever!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#3 of 3 Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Hello MamaRabbit,

thanks a lot for the info... yes I would very much like to have her contact details if that is OK. Could you PM me them?

Which hospital is the one offering free classes? (i already know BKK a bit so I might know it)

I am not practicing anything really with my 2year old still claiming me and sleeping with me... but I'm sure things will change soon.... So you are hoping to be able to leave your twins for some time during the night in january... i hope so for you...Wobbe (my son) never wanted anything else then my breasts so I always had to be there. Now, things are still like that at night...

Am I correct that you studied with CBI as well? How did you like it? Did you find the difference between the doula and the CBE-course worth while?

I would love to meet you in december, so I will PM you for sure!

Thanks!!
Angela!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page