Mosquito repellent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-09-2002, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's like this. I suspect that N, N diethyl-m-toluamide (whatever THAT is)is probably not great for us to spray all over. But man oh man, the mosquitos are a year round problem here and they are eating us alive! Next time we are out we are getting a darn mosquito net for the bed, but is there anything less chemical to repel the little beasts when we go out for a walk or are playing in the yard?

Also, Bronwyn's doc suggests a dab of rubbing alcohol on bites, which works pretty well to reduce swelling and itchiness and is probably better than using cortisone cream all the time. Does anyone know something better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-09-2002, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there.There is a homeopathic remedy you can take that keeps bugs away-it's pronounced Lee-dum,but I dont know how to spell it.You can give it to kids,too.I'd use arnica cream on the bites.
#3 of 3 Old 04-10-2002, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Buzz Away is safe for kids. It is a spray on blend of essential oils. Or you can make your own by blending essential oils of cedar, citronella, penny royal in a non-smelly oil (canola).

I am dreading black fly and mosquito season, cause I hate smelling like bug stuff, even the non-chemical bug stuff...

-jeanie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page