Tribe for Hairy Mamas in 2009 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2009, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To elaborate on the above, I am very curious on the DH/SO question.. So... What if your DH doesn't like it? My DH is okay with some leg hair but he finds my having any hair in my pits to be incredibly disgusting. While his approval means little to me, I also don't want my husband of all people to see it occasionally and be disgusted!

During the winter though, I enjoy not shaving my legs or pits (I do have to do my pubic area, it bothers me personally to not have it "done"). It's time saving in the shower, use my razor less, etc. etc.

I am debating on just letting the underarm hair grow and see what he says later on. I simply asked him yesterday and that was his reply, but he doesn't know I haven't shaved in 2-3 weeks, I don't believe. He does know my leg hair is there, lol, since he rubs my legs and feels it. But that doesn't bug him.. odd..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 AM

for me, it wouldn't be an issue, since anyone i'm with has to accept me how I am.
In the case that I had been previously shaven and had a partner who expressed disgust at the thought of hairiness, I'd at least want to give it a try and give him a chance to get used to it.

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
Old 11-29-2009, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I keep the pubes trimmed because they bug me when they get too long. Toilet paper gets tangled in it, it's harder to clean up when I have my period, etc. I don't think it's even visible from the outside when I've trimmed or not- I just want the longest hairs near my vulva trimmed down to about an inch- there's no need to trim the ones on my inner thighs because those don't get in the way of anything.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 12-06-2009, 07:14 AM

Well, I can't remember the last time I shaved (I'd guesstimate about a month). Is it weird that I like the leg hair? Did I just admit that? It's soft!

DH has yet to notice my legs or my underarms, but then I'm always in long pants and lately long sleeved tops since it's cold here suddenly.

I am very much enjoying spending less time in the shower.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:17 PM

My husband doesnt care at all. I do shave my nether regions when i want to get freasky at night with him to change things up but it really is rare since the itch factor is bothersome. He actually prefers (but still doesnt care) if i shave to shave my legs but hates the pricklies that happen. He doesnt mind the underarm hair at all which is great. I love my hairs but in the summer time sometimes i have to shave just cause i get a rash if it gets to hot oh well in the winter i am so furry and love it because it gets so here. Anyway ya all and hopefully will be here more often and cant wait to hear more about your journeys with going fuzzy.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
CDM!!!! been missin ya!
MF I have been missing you all too. Oh by the way I guess I am in your cult i read your signature

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
Old 12-22-2009, 02:22 AM

HI!

I guess I'm your new convert.

I was a slave to the razor for 13 years. It feels great to be free!

Brianna, mom to my always naked and singing Faye (9/07) and my chubby baby Bronwen (10/10).
Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Narn! The more the hairier!

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 12-31-2009, 06:14 PM

Hello,

love seeing this thread here... I don't shave anything either. I do pluck a few stray hairs on my face, but that's about it... I sometimes feel a little awkeward when I put on a swimsuit around mainstream extended family in summer to be at the pool with my kids... but not enough to shave

Elizabeth, naturally-minded mother to two beautiful girls and on the path to living a debt-free off-grid eco-lifestyle in my not built yet dream house
Old 01-01-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome starrmama! Come join us on the 2010 thread!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 AM

Hello everyone.  I ran across this thread and site while Googling for other things.  I applaud this very strongly.  I not only find natural, unshaven female bodies incredibly sexy and appealing, but completely beautiful. 

I find it very sad that so many of all generations, grandparents, parents and their children alike, have been brainwashed by so many decades of corporate media advertising making people feel that a certain look is how it's "supposed to be" and that a natural body is "gross", equating it to a lack of hygiene or sloth, etc.

I'm a 40-yo straight, single man in L.A.'s Southbay area and especially here it's difficult to meet a single, available and (of course) compatible woman who is comfortable with her body in this way, but not militant about it.

You are ALL beautiful.  Don't feel pressured by society to be a certain way.  If it's purely a personal preference, then that's different.  I personally know I have something of a fetish for unshaven women lol though I can enjoy and appreciate those who aren't.  But I'm aware of it, that's the difference rather than just thinking that one way (or the other) is how it's "supposed to be".  People also forget that whether body hair exists or not, a lack of cleanliness is still possible.  Plus, it can be strongly argued that the presence of natural body hair and the resulting skin oils not only help protect the body, but assist in preventing infections, etc.  Especially when basic hygiene is maintained which, of course, should be happening in any case.

I applaud you all.  Great site, btw, and great thread.

User Tag List