Tribe for Hairy Mamas in 2009 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 401 Old 01-01-2009, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is the tribe for all women who embrace their natural hairiness, or are thinking about doing so, and the men and women who love them.

Edited to clarify that my newly 13yo DD counts as a "woman" for the purpose of this thread.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#2 of 401 Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hooray!
Happy Hairy New Year!
Thanks for starting a new thread, Ruthla!
#3 of 401 Old 01-02-2009, 09:33 AM

and a hairy year to you too!

I'm here and hairy as usual

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#4 of 401 Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 AM

Breaking my hiatus...because I am week!!!

Thanks for starting the new thread ruthla.
And a Hairy New Year to all!!! :

While some of you (other than little green faeries running around in the summertime in the future) are burying yourselves under layers upon layers of clothing trying to stay warm I have gone (and returned) to lovely warm California sunshine to what was one of the best vacations in my life!!

Rob and I had concerts to attend on the 30th and 31st. I was rockin the front row all night night one (until gin and tonic #7 or 8 told me it was time to hang back for the last 3 or so songs) and close to front row all night #2 until we had to leave in the midst of my all time favorite song at 4am to catch my plane. But I assure you all, I was happy with hairy!! Sadly, I didn't see any other hairy women at the shows, which was a bit disappointing, I mean this is San FranFreakingCisco!!! WTF???? None-the-less, I was very comfortable sporting my tank tops and gettin on my groove.

As for the upcoming Hairy Party, I am still on board. I'll be allowing myself more mdc time later this month probably...so if there is still an interest, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

Peace and love to all you Hairy Mamas out there!
I miss you! But for now...it's back to my hiatus! :

If you can't take the heat get out of the Kitchen.
#5 of 401 Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM

I'm in! :

Love that there's a tribe for us!

Come visit us on Tangled Hill! One small family in a big, big world.
Peace through homemaking.
#6 of 401 Old 01-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasgroovin View Post
I mean this is San FranFreakingCisco!!! WTF????
I was there about a year and a half ago for the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love and you're right! no hairy hippies did I spot! weird.
#7 of 401 Old 01-02-2009, 04:57 PM

Hello Lovelies!

Happy Hairy New Year!

majik - you know I was just teasing you! Very jealous, yes! But just teasing. : It's freaking freezing here. :

Ruthla - I already trim the pubes, just contemplating the legs and pits getting a trim. I probably will once I get out of this terrible funk I'm in...

:*(.)(.)*:
#8 of 401 Old 01-03-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasgroovin View Post
Breaking my hiatus...because I am week!!!

Thanks for starting the new thread ruthla.
And a Hairy New Year to all!!! :

While some of you (other than little green faeries running around in the summertime in the future) are burying yourselves under layers upon layers of clothing trying to stay warm I have gone (and returned) to lovely warm California sunshine to what was one of the best vacations in my life!!

Rob and I had concerts to attend on the 30th and 31st. I was rockin the front row all night night one (until gin and tonic #7 or 8 told me it was time to hang back for the last 3 or so songs) and close to front row all night #2 until we had to leave in the midst of my all time favorite song at 4am to catch my plane. But I assure you all, I was happy with hairy!! Sadly, I didn't see any other hairy women at the shows, which was a bit disappointing, I mean this is San FranFreakingCisco!!! WTF???? None-the-less, I was very comfortable sporting my tank tops and gettin on my groove.

As for the upcoming Hairy Party, I am still on board. I'll be allowing myself more mdc time later this month probably...so if there is still an interest, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

Peace and love to all you Hairy Mamas out there!
I miss you! But for now...it's back to my hiatus! :
ah mg
i've been missin you, mama!!
:nana:

but still, we have to organise this hairy party thing.

oh and I moved into our new house when are you coming to visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama View Post
Hello Lovelies!

Happy Hairy New Year!

majik - you know I was just teasing you! Very jealous, yes! But just teasing. : It's freaking freezing here. :

Ruthla - I already trim the pubes, just contemplating the legs and pits getting a trim. I probably will once I get out of this terrible funk I'm in...

:*(.)(.)*:
that's okay. sometimes a little teasing is nice

but why trim leg hairs?

#9 of 401 Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 AM

i'm in still. trimmed my armpits yesterday for maybe the 3-4th time ever -- was going to get a bra fitting ....
#10 of 401 Old 01-03-2009, 06:02 PM

Oh majik - I don't want to put out the effort. Dh just took a look at them and said that they were so dark, thick and long that it was past the point of being attractive. I've way morphed his. It will be a pain in the butt to trim them so I don't think I will. My pit hair is peeking out when I have my arms at my sides - very bushy. I might trim, don't know...

Yay for a new house! Is it bigger than the last one?
#11 of 401 Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Yay for a new house! Is it bigger than the last one?
lets put it this way. the *living room* of the new house is the exact same dimensions as the entire old house (about 15' x 30')!
and on top of that we have a MASSIVE kitchen (about 15'x'15'), 3 large bedrooms, a big long balcony/ verandah, and an enormous basemet/ garage area downstairs that's been converted into a self-contained apartment. :
seriously, we hardly know what to do with all the space! after living with 3-4 people who are all home full-time in a 450sqft one-room cabin for a year and a half, I'm LOVING it

we've decided not to put any furniture in the big living room, just cushions and sheepskins, and keep it as an open space for dancing and all the study and living room furniture is going in the 'master bedroom'.

#12 of 401 Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 AM

still here and hairy mama's
with 7 kids and three adults and a nasty virus running around I've been a little busy and or sick.
majik-your new abode is perfect!
#13 of 401 Old 01-04-2009, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mazel Tov on the new place!

I didn't realize it was so much bigger than the old one- I just knew it was drier!

#14 of 401 Old 01-04-2009, 06:17 PM

yep. it also doesn't flood.
and it's in a village where hairy is normal :

#15 of 401 Old 01-04-2009, 08:06 PM

Yeah still hairy in 2009 yeah!!! I just subscribed and to read up on you all and will come back later. Welcome back MG!:::

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#16 of 401 Old 01-04-2009, 11:33 PM

:

I've felt so lost since the overhaul of FYT. Well, I'm still hairy (It's been 2 yrs almost exactly) and lovin' it.

I have since started teaching....grade 6s and don't hide anything (mind you it's winter so I don't have to go too far out of my way. Some of them are sweet, and some are little buggers (e.g. "maybe one day can you teach us the YMCA song in French?...do you know that song?"....)

Lol, anywhoo, I am glad to be back amongst the fluff!

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#17 of 401 Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
lets put it this way. the *living room* of the new house is the exact same dimensions as the entire old house (about 15' x 30')!
Does this mean you've lost that tropical outdoor bathtub?

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#18 of 401 Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
Does this mean you've lost that tropical outdoor bathtub?
wonderfully, no! : the bathtub was mine, so we took it with us. the garden it's in now is a little different, but it's ready to be set up in our rainforest garden. though tbh, now we have a proper bath in the house, I'm not sure how often I'll go outside to soak. probably just when I have special visitors and I feel like inviting outside for a candlelit tub

#19 of 401 Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

That sounds perfect! A "proper" bathtub inside the house for normal hygiene, but you've got the fun outdoor tub when you want the ambiance!

If I only had an outside tub in NY, I think I'd be on "sponge baths only" from mid-September til May!

#20 of 401 Old 01-05-2009, 02:29 PM

hullo, my furry lovelies, and happy happy happy 2009. my computer broke when i moved back in october and i can't access MDC from my phone. just wanted to spread some luvins while i'm here at the library. still furry for me. i told my sorta-BF that my "anniversary" is coming up in february. ten years since i last shaved my legs! met a few hawt mamas IRL who share our distaste of razors and my guy has no issues with it whatsoever. yay! : peace and fluff, k*
#21 of 401 Old 01-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Yay for new threads! Still here and still hairy. Almost 3 months now!

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#22 of 401 Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 AM

welcome back all the hairy mommas that had to wait for internet service!!! still hairy here as well and lovin it. At work somone saw a peek at my hairy legs and she asked me laughing if i just stopped shaving all together. I wasnt shy and said no I just dont shave anymore.She said she would love to do that but her husband would think she is even more of a freak. So maybe she will forget to shave for a little while and her hubby will just get used to it. That is what i told her to do We might have a convert that lives close to me :

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#23 of 401 Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 AM

My sisters keep asking when I am gonna shave. My 11 year old sister told me that its gross that I don't shave! She doesn't have enough on her legs yet TO SHAVE! And she has my 9 year old sis thinking the same way! I have some converting to do!

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#24 of 401 Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
That sounds perfect! A "proper" bathtub inside the house for normal hygiene, but you've got the fun outdoor tub when you want the ambiance!

If I only had an outside tub in NY, I think I'd be on "sponge baths only" from mid-September til May!

I've been in outdoor baths in snowy conditions - you make a fire under the tub (make sure you have a wooden false bottom in the tub so you don't burn your tush ), and it stays toasty warm you just reach over and add another stick to the fire now and then. and it's so nice to be in a hot tub in the snow! mmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian's mama View Post
hullo, my furry lovelies, and happy happy happy 2009. my computer broke when i moved back in october and i can't access MDC from my phone. just wanted to spread some luvins while i'm here at the library. still furry for me. i told my sorta-BF that my "anniversary" is coming up in february. ten years since i last shaved my legs! met a few hawt mamas IRL who share our distaste of razors and my guy has no issues with it whatsoever. yay! : peace and fluff, k*
been missin ya mama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy View Post
welcome back all the hairy mommas that had to wait for internet service!!! still hairy here as well and lovin it. At work somone saw a peek at my hairy legs and she asked me laughing if i just stopped shaving all together. I wasnt shy and said no I just dont shave anymore.She said she would love to do that but her husband would think she is even more of a freak. So maybe she will forget to shave for a little while and her hubby will just get used to it. That is what i told her to do We might have a convert that lives close to me :
yay! new converts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsunshine85 View Post
My sisters keep asking when I am gonna shave. My 11 year old sister told me that its gross that I don't shave! She doesn't have enough on her legs yet TO SHAVE! And she has my 9 year old sis thinking the same way! I have some converting to do!
convert! convert!

#25 of 401 Old 01-06-2009, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

No "new" converts by me, but DD1 has been shaving less regularly (letting the pits grow, but still shaving her lower legs) and DD2 has never shaved her whole life. Of course, she's not particularly hairy yet, and may change her mind at some point in the future, but in general she's very practical and not overly concerned about fashion, and is very much the type to not bother shaving because it's a PITA and who cares how it looks? But, we'll see how being an American teenager meshes with that outlook.

#26 of 401 Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 PM

majik - that's so awesome about the house! I'm so happy for you. I would very much like a bigger house. Some day Just a second floor would be nice. Some place to send the kids when they are getting loud... We live in a 1000 sq ft open concept berm. It's basically all one big room. The bed rooms have a foot of open space at the top of the walls and no doors. It's warm, so I'm not complaining! I bet it's really nice to spread out though!

caspian'smama!!!!!! I've been missing you! So nice to see you again. How have you been?
#27 of 401 Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM

Well, now that I'm officially a mama I have decided to embrace my natural state of hairyness once again! I wish my hair wasn't so dark - I think light fluffy hair looks better than my dark, coarse hair, but oh well! I feel free and womanly!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#28 of 401 Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
No "new" converts by me, but DD1 has been shaving less regularly (letting the pits grow, but still shaving her lower legs) and DD2 has never shaved her whole life. Of course, she's not particularly hairy yet, and may change her mind at some point in the future, but in general she's very practical and not overly concerned about fashion, and is very much the type to not bother shaving because it's a PITA and who cares how it looks? But, we'll see how being an American teenager meshes with that outlook.
tell that dd2 that we expect her in here come april, as the youngest member of hairy mamas

Quote:
majik - that's so awesome about the house! I'm so happy for you. I would very much like a bigger house. Some day Just a second floor would be nice. Some place to send the kids when they are getting loud... We live in a 1000 sq ft open concept berm. It's basically all one big room. The bed rooms have a foot of open space at the top of the walls and no doors. It's warm, so I'm not complaining! I bet it's really nice to spread out though!
our old house was about 450sq'. the new one is about 2000!
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post

Well, now that I'm officially a mama I have decided to embrace my natural state of hairyness once again! I wish my hair wasn't so dark - I think light fluffy hair looks better than my dark, coarse hair, but oh well! I feel free and womanly!
welcome and congrats!

#29 of 401 Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Joining the hairy tribe! Stopped doing my legs about 2 years ago, and pits about a year ago - took dp some convincing on the pits but now he doesn't mind! I love the feeling of being proud of my WHOLE body
#30 of 401 Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 PM

welcome somanythings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page