How to dye bleach-blonde hair back to dark brown? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey MDCers,

I'm considering dying my bleach-blonde hair back to brown. How on earth would I do this?! I am fine with store dyes BTW.

Original color:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...atingabelt.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...88af43fe6d.jpg

Blonde:

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...ae93f15276.jpg

Any suggestions?! I don't want black or green hair, LOL!

babyf.gif

#2 of 4 Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM

when i did it to mine i just did it.. i picked the brown i wanted and went for it. it did fade it quickly especially at the ends where i was most blonde to begin with. it wasn't until about the third time that i colored it did it stick better to the ends.

a professional will tell you first you need to "fill" it then you can color it. from what i understand dying it red first and then going brown would be similar to filling your hair. i could be wrong though, maybe someone else will have a better way of explaining it.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 4 Old 02-01-2009, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
when i did it to mine i just did it.. i picked the brown i wanted and went for it. it did fade it quickly especially at the ends where i was most blonde to begin with. it wasn't until about the third time that i colored it did it stick better to the ends.

a professional will tell you first you need to "fill" it then you can color it. from what i understand dying it red first and then going brown would be similar to filling your hair. i could be wrong though, maybe someone else will have a better way of explaining it.
Hmm. See, I used to dye my hair red (in #2 of the "before" pics you can see where my hair is a lighter brown -- that is just faded-out red dye) and I am worried about the "faded" effect.

I also just got a job where I need to look hip and "designer" so I can't risk the dye over-taking and turning black/green.

babyf.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 PM

I had pink hair recently (on bleached hair that is originally dark...probably as dark as yours was) and I just used a box of dark brown coloring. It seemed to fade really quickly though and now the pink is peeking back through. I think I should have left the dye on longer than I did.

I'd call a hair stylist and ask what you should do.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page