Favorite menstrual cup and where to buy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2009, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I need to get another menstrual cup. My dog ate mine a couple years ago and I've been so lazy about replacing it.

I had a diva and didn't like it. I could always feel it.

So, I've been looking around and see that some love the Lunette but, as far as I can tell, it is only available internationally. This seems to be the case with a lot of menstrual cups - they're only available internationally.

There is also the LadyCup that seems to be sold on Ebay but, wow, it's expensive.

Am I correct that only the Diva, Keeper and LadyCup are available in the US?

So, I'm wondering what your favorite cup is and where to you buy it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love my mooncup UK. I bought it from here. I had great customer service from them. You can also order here; she has good seller reviews on tbw.

Kelly , mama to 4yo and 1yo ,
Old 04-01-2009, 05:18 PM

lunette (sp?) I bought it online from a place in Finland I believe... plus I have a "UK" mooncup... both work well for me
Old 04-05-2009, 12:24 AM

I just got a Ladycup.... I googled it and went to their website... and I was able to order it. The shipping was like 1.20 or something... took about 2 weeks (since it came from Europe). And it didn't seem to cost much more than any of the others I looked at... prices were all around $30, unless you ladies know where to find them cheaper. Plus the ladycup comes in different colors and I think they run a special each month on a different color... right now is green month and you can get a green ladycup for 23.99 eu (which is $29.58 USD) Then you add the 1.20 or so for S&H, and you're spending about $31 (I found the Diva's online for about $32 and that was befor S&H). www.ladycup.eu

This is the first menstrual cup I've ever used, and I like it so far. Can't feel it at all... and no leaks (unlike with pads and tampons). The only issues I'm having are issues linked to being a brand new menstrual cup user (like I'm still trying to figure out how to easily get it to pop open after inserting it... I have to stand there and mess with it for several minutes, but I think with practice I'll get better at it)

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
Old 04-05-2009, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I always felt the Keeper and didn't like it. I much prefer the Diva Cup - it is softer and fits more easily and comfortably. Both are sold at health food stores in my area.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:58 PM

I got the Lunette on ebay for less than $20 shipped. I chose it because it's smaller. I find it very comfortable but it also has plenty of room. I'm not a heavy bleeder.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I just got a DivaCup and I really like it. I got it at Whole Foods. They also had the sanitary wash to rinse it which is probably pretty clutch.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Old 04-06-2009, 11:04 PM

: for when my cycle returns

Joy wife to DH, mom to DS1 (4/2005): DD (5/2007) : : DS2 (1/2009 :
I do what works and when it stops working, then I do something else.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM

After reading as many reviews as I could find from women who have used multiple types of cups I decided to buy a LadyCup. It seemed to come out on top. I can't give you a testimonial because I just ordered it. I ordered it from their official site and I don't mind paying the $32 becaue I know it will last for years.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 PM

I use a Mooncup US (Keeper)... I love it. I can't feel it, and it pops open easily once inside your vag. I bought it off of ebay for about $30 including shipping.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 AM

I have a Lunette in the smaller size.

I LOVE IT!!!! In a couple years when it's time to replace, I'm getting another one for sure!

It's so soft that most of the time I forget it's there!

But if you have a heavy flow, I definitely recommend getting the larger size in Lunette cause they are pretty small, and because they are SO soft, I don't think it would be too uncomfortable to have a slightly larger Lunette.

Lunette's are slightly on the pricier side, but I would recommend it to anyone! It was worth every penny!

I bought my cup from gladrags.com. I live in the US and have never really seen them in stores.

Good luck finding one you like!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:35 PM

Obviously, I am biased as to where to buy a menstrual cup... www.gladrags.com :) If you buy from us, please make sure to go to www.gladrags.com/mothering so you can get a special coupon code, too! Additionally, all menstrual cups on our site always ship free within the USA. The only cups currently available for sale in the USA are: Diva Cup, Moon Cup, Keeper, and Lunette (we carry all of these options).

Aside from where to buy, I personally like the Moon Cup and the Lunette. The Diva Cup is too wide for me, and the Keeper is stiffer than I like. Of course, this all depends on your body and needs, so it's different for everyone! If you want to chat about which cup might fit your body best, please let me know -- I am happy to help :)

crochetsmilie.gif heartbeat.gif cat.gif

Tags
Gladrags , Moon Cup , The Keeper
User Tag List