Diva Cup Nightmare - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-05-2009, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if this is in the right place.....but....15 mos after DS was born I finally get my period (happy 4th to me. ) I bought a Diva Cup awhile back and went to try it out. I had to try like 12 times to get it in there, then it went waaayyyyy to far up there and I could not get it out. I was starting to freak out and finally called my DH to come help me. It was slightly mortifying. I know he isn't thrilled about "lady time". He was extremely sweet about it and helped me get it out, but the whole experience was awful.

I followed the directions, but it just went up so far it basically disappeared. Anyone use one? Suggestions if I decide to try again?

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#2 of 8 Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Natural_Mom View Post
Not sure if this is in the right place.....but....15 mos after DS was born I finally get my period (happy 4th to me. ) I bought a Diva Cup awhile back and went to try it out. I had to try like 12 times to get it in there, then it went waaayyyyy to far up there and I could not get it out. I was starting to freak out and finally called my DH to come help me. It was slightly mortifying. I know he isn't thrilled about "lady time". He was extremely sweet about it and helped me get it out, but the whole experience was awful.

I followed the directions, but it just went up so far it basically disappeared. Anyone use one? Suggestions if I decide to try again?
I use the Lunette cup. (preggo now). I took a while to get use to it. Does the diva cup have a stem that you can use to pull it out? I also had to bear down to kind of help push it out when I needed to empty it. Hope that helps

Mama to & +:::
#3 of 8 Old 07-05-2009, 12:57 PM

Hi,

Definitely try again! These things do have a learning curve AND one size does not fit all! The diva didn't work for me but I LOVE the mooncup.

Also, it helps to be "relaxed" when inserting or removing so I'd say next time, take a DEEP breath and relax...you will be able to get it out.

HTH a little!

mum to 3, 8 yo dd: 6yo ds and 4yo dd
#4 of 8 Old 07-05-2009, 01:46 PM

Moved to Natural Body Care
#5 of 8 Old 07-05-2009, 07:05 PM

I've been using my Diva Cup for several years now but I do remember that it took a bit of practice to get comfortable with it but before long I could insert and remove it very easily. If it is hard to reach, it helps to bear down a bit...that moves it down enough to grasp. Don't give up, before long you'll be able to use it without thinking twice.
#6 of 8 Old 07-05-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysmom View Post
I've been using my Diva Cup for several years now but I do remember that it took a bit of practice to get comfortable with it but before long I could insert and remove it very easily. If it is hard to reach, it helps to bear down a bit...that moves it down enough to grasp. Don't give up, before long you'll be able to use it without thinking twice.
You can also try putting one leg on the toilet and one on the floor. That makes things more reachable usually

jog.gifkid.gif

#7 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM

I also have to bear down to push it down a bit, then I can grab the stem and pull it further. Since your DS was born a while ago this may not be relevant, but perhaps some more kegels would help? Also, can you try inserting it lower next time? - once it opens and seals mine doesn't move any higher.
#8 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM

If bearing down won't bring it close enough, you can try squatting in the shower and bearing down.

The first time I put mine in, it seemed to crawl way up there too, and when I tried to remove it I thought for a bit that I was going to need DH's fingers or medical attention to get it back out. A few panicked minutes and finger cramps later, I got it out. The next time, I squatted to get it out and this worked great. Now simply bearing down is enough, as mine still moves up no matter how I insert it. I wish that stem was a just little bit longer!

9/2011 items decluttered

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page