Cheapest Natural Baby Wash - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-24-2009, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sure this is a commom question on this board, but the title says it all. Sometimes, I am sure I can get by with just water, but for the times that we need soap what is the cheapest/most natural?

I really can't afford to fork over the $$$ for california baby or whatever esle.

I have given up on my quest for natural products because of budget in the last year, but having a baby coming in Nov is renewing my interest. I absolutely don't want to put johnson's or any of that junk on her. Not to mention, my boys 4 and nearly 7 are getting eczema using regular soap of late.

I recently decided to give soap nuts a try for laundry (discoverd it by trying to decide what detergent to use for cloth diapers). I am curious about other uses of soap nuts for baby possible and us. If it works as good as it is supposed to for laundry then it has to be to harsh directly on skin, especially newborn skin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 10:01 PM

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Dr. Bronners baby. I use it for me (hehe!) and dd uses it and DH uses it! I buy a gallon (yup a gallon) for $32 (usd). I dillute dd's 1/2 soap 1/2 water. And on top of that I only use the tiniest amount to begin with!!! It is crazy how long this stuff lasts.
http://www.vitacost.com/Dr-Bronners-...nted-Baby-Mild
The family also uses this body lotion and we have since dd was teeny tiny for a gallon I pay $30. I go through less then one a year. I use a ton of lotion on myself however so I am sure it would last even longer.
http://www.vitacost.com/Alba-Very-Em...otion-1-Gallon
you can buy smaller sizes and then just use the gallons to refill...makes it SO flipping easy.
~Kate
Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyprincess View Post
Dr. Bronners baby. I use it for me (hehe!) and dd uses it and DH uses it! I buy a gallon (yup a gallon) for $32 (usd). I dillute dd's 1/2 soap 1/2 water. And on top of that I only use the tiniest amount to begin with!!! It is crazy how long this stuff lasts.
http://www.vitacost.com/Dr-Bronners-...nted-Baby-Mild
yup. this what we've used on both kids too. love it.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 AM

Chagrin Valley soaps
http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/

I love their soaps, shampoos, and lotion bars.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM

I buy foaming soap bottles and then refill them with our own homemade foaming versions of what we need. 1 cup of water gets 3 Tablespoons of soap. It really cuts down on how much we go through while still getting everyone clean.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
Old 10-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Another vote for Dr. Bronner's. Organic, fair-trade, natural--they've thought of everything. And it's not pricey considering how little you need.

User Tag List