Just for fun.... what is your favorite essential oil? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
favorite therapeutic EO - teatree, lavender

favorite EO just for the scent - Rose!! Sandalwood! I looooooove them!!!

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
#32 of 39 Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hands down rose and sandlewood! I buy rose absolute, as it is not nearly as pricey, not as fancy, but at least I get the smell.

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#33 of 39 Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
rose is so wonderful.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#34 of 39 Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM

Lately I've been diffusing jasmine oil and I love it! As it is so expensive though I buy the 10% dilution.

Rose is also a favourite and I like it very much in my skin-care products, but it is so extremely pricey! So if I want a nice floral smell I stick to my good old geranium EO
#35 of 39 Old 02-19-2010, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

I don't care for jasmine at all, but I do love rose!!! I use rose hydrosol and rosewater instead of the EO in order to keep the costs reasonable. MMMmmmmm.....

I just found a very yummy smelling dish liquid soap yesterday for $1.99... Mrs. Meyer geranium scent. Mmmmmm.... Can you imagine WANTING to hand wash dishes? AND, I didn't even use gloves because I wanted the scent to stay on my hands..... Ahhhh....

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#36 of 39 Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
I just found a very yummy smelling dish liquid soap yesterday for $1.99... Mrs. Meyer geranium scent. Mmmmmm.... Can you imagine WANTING to hand wash dishes? AND, I didn't even use gloves because I wanted the scent to stay on my hands..... Ahhhh....
Yes since I also usually add a drop or two of geranium EO to my dishwashing liquid (I put a teaspoon of grated plain olive oil soap into a small bowl and then add hot water and the EO).

And if you use natural soap you'd never have to use gloves again when washing the dishes!
#37 of 39 Old 02-19-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
I don't care for jasmine at all, but I do love rose!!! I use rose hydrosol and rosewater instead of the EO in order to keep the costs reasonable. MMMmmmmm.....

geranium is so nice. i didnt have great luck with mrs. meyers products. the have a little e.o and a lot of fragrance oil. so i got an anaphylactic reaction from it.

but i am glad you like it. mrs. meyers packaging is very nice.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#38 of 39 Old 02-19-2010, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
geranium is so nice. i didnt have great luck with mrs. meyers products. the have a little e.o and a lot of fragrance oil. so i got an anaphylactic reaction from it.

but i am glad you like it. mrs. meyers packaging is very nice.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing the details. I was in a hurry when I found it at the discount store and didn't read the label like I usually do. Personally, I have very few reactions these days, but I certainly have had my fair share over the years. I hope others see this who need to be careful.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#39 of 39 Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM

ya, the labeling really got me. i thought "oh goodie! essential oils! good cleaning products"

i shouldnt read the labels closer too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page