Mothering Forum banner

first time baking soda/vinegar wash

873 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cmhermes 
#1 ·
tonight, i washed my hair w/ baking soda/vinegar. so far, it seems great and like it is going to dry nicely. but, i do have a couple of questions... how often should i rinse my hair? if i am trying to keep the waves in tact, do i brush it after i rinse or just before then leave it alone?

TIA
natalie

#4 ·
I've been washing my hair once a week with about 1 T baking soda mixed with maybe 1/2 cup water... then I follow it with a rinse that has maybe 1/2 t or less of vinegar, mixed with maybe 1 1/2 cups warm water... I'm hoping to get to the point where I can wash less often, without my hair getting oily. If I don't do the vinegar rinse though, my hair just seems really hard to brush and rather frizzy and funny feeling.

#5 ·
I don't brush, but use a comb after the shower while it is still wet. A brush would make my hair too frizzy. I wash about once a week. 2 tps with 2 c. water and the same with the applr cider vinegar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.