Tribe for Hairy Mamas in 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2010, 03:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh, sorry for your family. I thougth pall bearers were the ones who are supposed to carry the coffin
catcha later

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 07:38 PM

Hello from a newly hairy mama

I have been starting a journey to see what my all natural body looks like. I usually shave pits and legs every couple of days when I shower, but I have retired my razor for about 2 weeks now. I could actually see my armpit hair through my t-shirt sleeve when I lift up my arm...I thought it looked kind of sexy. Is that weird? Unfortunately my dh isn't onboard with this at all He is all for me dreading my hair but he doesn't like body hair. I've told him I'll shave again after my experiment...but what if I don't want to?

Jenny
Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 PM

welcome
I think underarm hair on women is totally sexy (you've come to the right place!).
IMO, if you don't want to shave, then dont. Obviously, that's something you need to talk about with your DH, but it's your body.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaria View Post
Hello from a newly hairy mama
I've told him I'll shave again after my experiment...but what if I don't want to?
Well, whose body is it? Would he wax his legs if you told him to? Shave his eyebrows? Gain or lose weight to suit your preference?
I mean, I totally understand we all make accommodations for our partners in various ways, but sometimes it sounds like some husbands think they have some sort of ownership of their wives' bodies.
Anyway, it is just his cultural conditioning. It may wear off when he gets used to your natural body.
And no, I don't think it's weird to think seeing armpit hair through a t-shirt is sexy. I think it is too. I think seeing dark leg hair smushed up under pantyhose is wildly sexy, too. That's why I couldn't understand when a previous poster mentioned wishing we could all be "lucky" enough to have fine, blond leg hair. Like, it's okay to have body hair as long as you really can't see or notice it. Hey, I think blond fine leg hair is just great, but I also think coarse thick dark is great. It's all part of what makes each of us unique and beautiful. That's why it makes me sad to see this push for men to be hairless, too. They're trying to convince men that body hair is ugly, just like they've already convinced women. How sad to lose all the variety by having everyone shave off all their hair to look the same.

Jen
Old 02-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Welcome, both of you!!!!

Lunaria-I also think underarm hair out of a T-shirt is sexy, so you're definitely not alone. Your DH may come around. If he sees how comfortable you are in your natural body, that confidence may influence him. Ya never now, right?

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
Old 02-03-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds underarm hair sexy
I've always liked dh's too.

I know he's influenced by what popular culture has told him...hair on women isn't feminine. He's always been very attracted to me...I hope that he'll come around to seeing the hair as a part of the whole package of me!

I'm not as happy about my leg hair. I think because it is growing in a bit patchy, which I'm quite sure is a result of a few run ins with an epi lady torture device when I was a teen. (For those of you who don't know, this was a machine with wire coils that vibrated and pulled your hairs out of your leg in a very brutal manner).

Thanks for all the support ladies

Jenny
Old 02-04-2010, 12:00 AM

My leg hair is patchy, but not from an epilady. I just think hair grows differently on different people.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 AM

ITA with what jenp said

Old 02-04-2010, 02:35 PM

I can agree about the patchiness (if we're talking about the same thing here). My hair is considerably thicker, darker, and even longer on the inside of my ankles. It just looks weird because it's so uneven but maybe it will all grow in to look like that over time? Does the hair looks like it will look after a few weeks or will it keep coming in?

And JenP I agree with you totally. When I asked my husband *why* hairy legs are gross, all he could tell me is that women are supposed to remove hair. If nobody even knows why we shave, what's the point? I just hope he comes around. It's not like he really has a choice because it's my body, but it would be nice if he could get over it. lol.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaria View Post
I think because it is growing in a bit patchy, which I'm quite sure is a result of a few run ins with an epi lady torture device when I was a teen.
Ha, ha, I got an epilady once! It was so weird - it did not work for me at all! I mean, it just did not pull out any hairs. I'm sure I was following directions exactly and had a friend try to show me how hers worked for her, but nothing. So I gave it away to another friend, worked fine for her.
Anyway, my leg hair is patchy too despite never having had any hairs pulled out by the roots. I have something like "bangs" around my knees and lots of hair on the calves, but nearly nothing much above the knees. My brother once asked me why I shaved my thighs and halfway down my knees! I told him I didn't shave at all, it just grows that way. Dunno why.

Jen
Old 02-04-2010, 07:48 PM

I'm here and hairy! I haven't been on mdc in a few weeks, so just catching up on this new thread!

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereta59 View Post
patchy as in sparse?
For me, I mean patchy as in the hair on my shins is thicker and longer, the rest of my leg hair is much less there.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 AM

oh. the hair on my shins/ calves is thicker and longer and darker than the rest. on my knees there's none, and my thighs are just pale/ light hair. seems pretty normal to me

Old 02-05-2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Do you have any hair on thighs? Sparse there also?
My thigh hair is very fine , sparse, shorter, softer and lighter.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:17 AM

sub'd. hairy. 2 years now.. when i first started i shaved twice in the first month. lol.. it took me prolly a year to really get used to it. even sometimes now though i find myself self conscious about it.

the hair is really only visably noticable the six inches above the ankle.. in the summer though the sun bleaches it out so its not a brown/black but a light brown/blonde..

have never had a to my face rude comment.. nor an overheard one. but then again i dont really pay attention. i really only recall twice noticing someone else notice. lol. i could see a knee jerk reaction, but they said nothing.

my hubby loves it and has been more ok with it from day one then me. lol.

um. i did it as a spiritual thing.. getting rid of ego attachments.. well yeah. =)
Old 02-07-2010, 02:23 AM

welcome seekingmyzen

Old 02-08-2010, 08:52 PM

I think they all went mad.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Where is everyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
I think they all went mad.
I've just been out shoveling snow..... I was already mad!

Jen
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM

yeah. we're all mad here!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
yeah. we're all mad here!
most definitely!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:12 AM

I am still here in my ever hairer glory! I haven't touched a razor and my goodness it's weird to see hair under my arms! I still think it's hot...dh still does not. My leg hair is patchy in that it is missing in some spots on my lower legs. Random spots, and it looks weird to me. I don't have almost any hair on my thighs which has always been the case. But I remember before that epilady my leg hair was even all over the bottom half of my leg! Evil epilady...grumble grumble.

Oh, and I have a question. Is it me, or is my underarm a little more...scentful that it was sans hair?

Jenny
Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
any hairy mamas have a hair line or shall i say trail of hair at navel area., my hairline actually starts lightly inbetweeen my breasts and thickins as it goes down, luv how it looks
I have naval hair, it's thick and dark and wiry, not like the hair on my arms and legs, which is light and fine. I used to pluck it out, but haven't in several years. I was a bit self conscious about it but then I thought about how much I love dh's belly hair, so why hate on my own?

Old 02-11-2010, 05:27 AM

I have 4 or 5 soft hairs just under my navel, slightly on the left side that grew while I was pg with dd. I love them sort of makes up for never having gotten a single stretch mark during pg.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:00 PM

I'm just jumping in to add myself..

I shave my legs and under arms when I can, my chin every other day. I have hairs on my chest, but not like my underarm or legs.

I recall yrs ago thinking, no man would want me.. I had horrible low self esteem. I'm much much better now, (praise God) but.. anyway. My ex husband loved hairy women, he got excited when I admited I have this problem. He even sent his youngest daughter to come and say hi to me at work, just to give him a report.. It was kind of cute, when I discovered that is what she was doing.. She was so sweet, calling me mom, hugging/squeezing me... He loves extra large, hairy women with a gap... That's me... I hated everything that he loved and got aroused about.

That one man, God blessed me to marry for a short period, tought me a lot and gave me confidence I had already started buiding on. Praise God.

I know some people say don't shave your face, but I had to do what I had to do. I have two friends who shave and they look great.. I use to pay for facial threading, which is wonderful, but I am on a budget now.

Hugs,
Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 AM

hey ladies!!

i lost track of this tribe for a little bit! But i'm still here, and still hairy.

nice to be back!!

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM

no. i don't use any conditioner or soaps of any kind on my body or hair.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:25 PM

Nope, none here.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:22 PM

i use conditioner on my pit hair occasionally. since i don't use deoderant, a good scrubbing and a dash of conditioner usually helps get out any residual smell in the summer. in the winter i find i don't really have to do that...but in the summer...i do.

don't get me wrong...i love my smell, and dh loves my smell...but everyone else?? not so much. so i try to keep it down to a low roar.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
Old 02-21-2010, 12:25 AM

Old 02-23-2010, 08:54 PM

I don't have any nipple hairs

User Tag List