*~~~Dready Mamas 2010~~~* - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2012, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone! wave.gif

So- I want dreads....BADLY. And have for quite sometime. drool.gif  I recently (a few months ago) cut off my lovley 19 1/2 inchs of long black hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I am now rockin an A-line bob. My hair (and nails) grow very fast- which is great. Im growing my hair back and plan on getting dreads when I feel that my hair is at a good length. My hair is finally touching my shoulders again in front..well, maybe not 'touching' but grazing atleast.

I have a few questions for you lovely ladies so that in another 3-4 years (maybe less) when the time has come, I will be fully ready for my dready journey!  It is SO HARD to wait.

Here are my questions:

1)  What length is a 'good' length to start dreads?

2) How long, roughly, does it take for them to look good and be locked up nicley?

3)  How do you care for your dreads? What do you have to do, regularly, to keep them up?

4)  Im pretty sure I want a full head of dreads, maybe layered in size (larger on the bottom and working up to smaller). But first I was thinking about putting a few smaller sized dreads in a few random places and adorning them of course. I like to think of this look as 'warrior princess'  , * LOL* not sure why...thats just what it reminds me of. Has anyone else done this before going fully dreaded? How did it look?

5) Is there anything that I can do to 'perpare' my hair for dreads? I dye my hair black ( i cant help it...im a slave to beauty products..ugh shrug.gif ) will this make my hair harder to dread?

Sorry if that was alot. There is alot I wish to know! Im very excited about my dreadies and cannot wait to have them. Not to mention- DH (who already has a beautiful head full of long curly brown hair ) is thinking about dreading it up with me. luxlove.gif

Thanks so much for your answers in advance!

novaxnocirc.gif   lactivist.gif   gd.gif  uc.jpg  femalesling.GIF cd.gif    modifiedartist.gif    read.gif    

Magickal Mama to DD (6) & DS (3). Soul mate to DH. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

10 month natural  dreads

400508_10150481509127811_631147810_9041605_237754824_n.jpg

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 PM

stephanie asl.gif

Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 PM

I just realized this is the 2010 thread. Oops!

stephanie asl.gif

Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

is there one for 2012?  ive been posting in this thread because I didnt even see one for 2011 lol

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Yes, i made a new thread for 2012 :)

novaxnocirc.gif   lactivist.gif   gd.gif  uc.jpg  femalesling.GIF cd.gif    modifiedartist.gif    read.gif    

Magickal Mama to DD (6) & DS (3). Soul mate to DH. 

Tags
Natural Hair Care
User Tag List