a natural deodorant that WORKS...? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 01-20-2010, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
anyone found a natural deodorant that works? I've tried almost everything I can find and am starting to think it's me .

My MIL recently had breast cancer and I just want to do right by my body, which means not putting harmful chemicals on my skin...the only thing that seems to work is stuff with the aluminum in it, but I'm sure it's not healty to absorbe that, especailly right next to your lymph-nodes...

am I just going to have to stink? or is there something out there that actually works?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Recently I've been making a mixture of unrefined coconut oil and baking soda, maybe like a 50/50 mix. It works well but you do have to reapply it often... I'm wondering what else I can add to the mix to make it more powerful.

I also use it to brush my teeth (the taste is awful but it does such a good job)
#3 of 10 Old 03-21-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I am following this thread
#4 of 10 Old 03-22-2016, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love the Pure Haven Essentials (formerly Ava Anderson) deodorant. It works all day long for me whether it's a high activity day or low activity day. Love, love, love it!
#5 of 10 Old 08-20-2016, 12:01 AM

I use creators deodorants.
#6 of 10 Old 08-20-2016, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Funk Butter from Oyin Handmade.
#7 of 10 Old 08-23-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm137 View Post
Recently I've been making a mixture of unrefined coconut oil and baking soda, maybe like a 50/50 mix. It works well but you do have to reapply it often... I'm wondering what else I can add to the mix to make it more powerful.

I also use it to brush my teeth (the taste is awful but it does such a good job)
What about mixing some lemon drops or rose water?
#8 of 10 Old 10-09-2016, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I use primal pit paste. From their website:

Baking soda neutralizes the bacteria that causes odor and organic arrowroot powder helps you to feel dry while allowing you to still sweat and release toxins. These powders are mixed in a base of moisture rich and anti-microbial organic coconut oil and organic shea butter to soothe skin.

This product is hand-crafted to ensure that every stick only contains the finest organic products. NO Aluminum, NO Parabens, NO Toxic Chemicals, NO Fragrances, NO Corn, NO Gluten, NO GMOs and absolutely NO Bad Stuff!!

I like it a lot. I'm not very smelly though, and during the winter often go deodorant-free. I have more issues with sweat than stink. So if people need something that's very strong, not sure how effective this is.
#9 of 10 Old 10-09-2016, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I see the original post is ancient, but since it's going again, I'll throw in that I have great luck with the Aluminum Free Toms of Maine, and you can get it just about anywhere!
#10 of 10 Old 10-13-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryV View Post
I see the original post is ancient, but since it's going again, I'll throw in that I have great luck with the Aluminum Free Toms of Maine, and you can get it just about anywhere!
Tom's of Maine works well for me, in the cool months, but my sister commented that I was a little smelly once it started heating up...

Single mama to DD8. Feminist. Queer. UU. Poly. Disabled.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page