Hair removal isn't "natural", but still... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmom66 View Post
Are you talking about oozing blood from your pores? I had a lot of that the first time I did my armpits--nothing significant after that first time, and I don't know if I ever had any in my bikini area. My armpit hair is MUCH less coarse now, too.
Exactly! If the pain weren't enough, the blood was definately enough to convince me I didn't want to try again. But if it stops after the first few sessions, then that would be worth it.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#32 of 36 Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM

It does get easier the more you do it, the hair becomes sparser and easier to pull out (not held in as tightly). The first time is always the worst by far.

Also if you do it yourself, your technique gets better over time.

I would guess that those two things would help reduce bleeding if you had it, but I don't know for sure...you might want to ask a professional.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#33 of 36 Old 07-07-2010, 06:43 PM

I've tried sugaring, but my hair is too thick and stubborn--it barely pulled anything out!
However, shaving just wasn't doing it for me--I had to do it EVERY day and I would have stubble by like 8pm at night! So I got an epilator--and now I wish I would have gotten one a long time ago! It is awesome!! The first few times, it does hurt, I won't lie hehe! AND I haven't tried the bikini area yet {I think I'm going to get a few waxes there first to desensitize the area LOL} But now my armpits and legs and few hairs on my tummy are a breeze, and are growing back MUCH more sparsley and less dark {when its almost time to epilate again, I can still wears short skirts becuase my leg hairs look like my arm hairs now--sort of thin and sparkly}. I only have to epilate about once every 2-3 weeks, which is AWESOME! I have the Braun silk Epil X'elle {I think thats what its called}.
#34 of 36 Old 07-07-2010, 07:58 PM

So i made my own sugar yesterday, followed the recipe from most of the videos on youtube; 2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup water. I cooked it til it was an amber brown color, let it cool, then put it in a tupperware container in the fridge over night. Today I took it out and set it on the counter for maybe an hour before i tried doing anything with it.
I tried kneading it like the videos said, but it was way too runny and sticky. It just coated my hands and I ended up just washing it off. It was kind of like having honey all over my hands
The weird thing is that it looked like it was the exact consistency it was supposed to be, but I just couldn't knead it into the tacky paste...
I tried microwaving it but that just made it worse...
What can I do to make it work?
TIA
#35 of 36 Old 08-25-2010, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieren View Post
my leg hairs look like my arm hairs now--sort of thin and sparkly.
I love this description--sounds like natural body glitter!
#36 of 36 Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 PM

I've had my bikini area sugared and love the results too, i've moved and cant find anyone who knows what sugaring is around here.
I did find a natural sugaring kit at Sally's and was doing my own for several months with strips. But then i got this awful ingrown hair that is still ingrown after 2-3 months. I cant put my bikini area through that again. Ingrowns are not even cool. So then i started to just shave and the same darn thing happened. I got a few ingrowns and i've never gotten them my intire life. NEVER! I'm not sure what to do other than keep it all cut down with a remmington lady trimmer.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page