Need help with diva cup - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2010, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I got my cup in the mail today and have tried to get it in. It went in and opened but it starts "falling" out. When I try to push it up further it goes sideways (not toward my back) to my hip. If you just let it be and check the stem feels like it is sitting sideways.

I took it out after about 15 minutes to try it again and it was collecting a tiny amount (running down the inside of the cup) so I think it was "working" I am just trying to not get it to fall out. lol

Any help/ideas would be wonderful!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

I will update this in case anyone does a search. I flipped the cup inside out and after some practice it is sitting perfectly and totally not noticable. I am loving it!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Old 08-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie T View Post
I will update this in case anyone does a search. I flipped the cup inside out and after some practice it is sitting perfectly and totally not noticable. I am loving it!
I've had a cup for years(!) and only just upgraded to the "mom" size because of slippage issues. I'm still having problems and while I may need to do more kegels, I don't think that's the real issue.

So, how does flipping it inside out help? I've never read about this (though, I used it for many years without issue!).
Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know how it helped slippage but it did. It made it shorter so it isn't sticking out (it makes it shorter to flip it inside out) and so I don't know it that made it sit better or what but it was bliss after that.

I was a little worried when I put it in that since there were no grippers I would have a hard time getting it out but I just beared down and had no issues. Hope that helps.

crochetsmilie.gif

Old 08-04-2010, 05:41 PM

You might need a shorter cup. I did, and tried the Femmecup. Love it! Of course, you said it's "bliss" now, so why change that?

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

If flipping it inside out didn't work I would have been on the manhunt for a shorter cup but this works great now. Glad because spending more money on another cup wouldn't have made DH very happy.

Thanks so much for the reply, I bet it will help someone looking for a shorter cup.

crochetsmilie.gif

Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 PM

When I was picking out a cup and comparing the different options, I found that the Diva Cup was definitely the longest. I was pretty sure I needed a shorter cup, so I went with a Lunette. I've never had any problems, and have used it both before and after a vaginal birth.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:45 PM

I should probably just PM you, but maybe this will help others?

So, I tried the DC inside out and oddly, it worked perfectly. I didn't have any struggle to take it out, I haven't had leakage, and it's gentler on me, which was a complaint prior to getting pregnant. That said, I feel weird when I put it in because I start to push the inside through the center. Is there a way to insert it without that happening? Am I pushing too hard or too far?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post
I should probably just PM you, but maybe this will help others?

So, I tried the DC inside out and oddly, it worked perfectly. I didn't have any struggle to take it out, I haven't had leakage, and it's gentler on me, which was a complaint prior to getting pregnant. That said, I feel weird when I put it in because I start to push the inside through the center. Is there a way to insert it without that happening? Am I pushing too hard or too far?

Thanks!
I have that problem as well and what I do is use a finger on each "side" of the bottom to push it up. Helps the issue a little. Hope that helps. I am close to getting my second cycle and am excited to use it again. lol

crochetsmilie.gif

Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie T View Post
I have that problem as well and what I do is use a finger on each "side" of the bottom to push it up. Helps the issue a little. Hope that helps. I am close to getting my second cycle and am excited to use it again. lol
I will definitely try that next month. Oddly enough, the inside being pushed through the center didn't seem to impact function at all, which is good.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Yes it works quite well. I am on my second cycle with my cup and am so thankful I decided to try it! Even when I empty 1/2 a oz every couple hours there is no leaking!

crochetsmilie.gif

Old 09-02-2010, 09:15 PM

I do the "side push" thing also. When I push it up the middle and the center collapses, it doesn't seem to go up any higher. I kind of push the ring part up one side at a time.

Another thing I noticed is that my Femmecup seems to leak on the early/heavy days just because there is so much flow, I think. Maybe the shorter cup moves more or something. So I guess it's back to the Diva for me, at least for the first day or two. Inside out, of course.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 AM

Everyone should do their Kegel`s more often.

If you have problems with slippage and can only use the cup inside out, do more kegel`s.
The stronger you get, the lesser slippage/leakage will occur.

When I started using the cup again after childbirth I recognized this.
I had problems with leakage at first, but after a few months with exercises everything turned back to the way it was before the birth (same cup size).
Old 09-07-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

That is true, but I also have the issue of having purchased a cup that was too long and turning inside out helps that as well. I did kegels in between my cycles and I did notice a difference of not having it feel too low by the end of the day like it had the month before. It was perfect every minute this entire cycle.

crochetsmilie.gif

User Tag List