Have piegeon problems ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-08-2002, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I have solved the problem of piegeon roosting on my roof and making a mess. I was told Dr.Bonner's peppermint soap sprayed on the roof will detour them ..
Well last week I went to Trader Joes and bought a bottle of the soap and used a neighbors Super Soaker ( kids big water gun ) diluted 1/3 bottle of soap with water and ADDED peppermint oil .Sprayed the roof and surrounding areas ....We have not had one piegeon on our roof for the last week we would usually have a few hang out daily ..my neighbor has more of them of her roof now!
I think the pegeons do not like the strong smell of peppermint and yes it does smell strong for a day or so ...I am sure with the roof gets wet it the smell will keep them away again . I plan on spraying the roof monthly until the birds know to stay away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-08-2002, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
O wow, we have had pigeon problems for the last few years and I am definately going to try this. These poor birds roost on the slanted roof over out balcony and we find their eggs smashed on the balcony regularly.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page