Mothering Forum banner

I want to smell like that woman!

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Limabean1975 
#1 ·
Okay, so this is going to sound goofy but I have always wanted to smell like the crunchy women that walk past me at the market. Do you know the smell I am talking about? Well it speaks to me and always has, even as a child.

Patchouli ( wow, spelled it right first try) is in the mix I am pretty sure but I don't think but it's straight patchouli b/c the overall smell is not overwhelming. Seems to be some other earthy essential oils in the mix or something. Don't know if it's a carrier oil with these essentials mixed in or a balm/wax of some sort?

I never get the courage up to ask them what they use to smell so earthy and wonderful. I even had a friend who smelled just the way I want to smell but didn't want to ask b/c I felt like a smell copy cat! Well now I have moved to a new place and I figure it's time I get to smell the way I have always wanted but how??!! Anyone know a company that makes body fragrance that smells like this? I am savvy enough to make my own concoction if given the basic recipe. I want earthy, natural, no chemicals type stuff. If my questions makes sense to you and you know what I am after please point me in the right direction! Get me smelling like the mountain gal that I am please!

#5 ·
The calendula cream I have smells like hippie to me.

I think it's a mix of a lot of things. Hippie scented soaps, lotions, shampoos, cleaning supplies. Plus incense, like a PP said.

Old spice should work on that as a commercial. "The hippie your woman could smell like"

#7 ·
I don't think Nag Champa smells like Karma and I have both. I do wear Karma a lot, I really love it. Some people smell the patchouli more than I do. I don't pick up a ton of patchouli in it, I mostly get the citrus notes. I think my nose just loves patchouli.

I think the smell she means could mean Nag Champa though, or dragonsblood.

I had some dragonsblood soap fragrance that smelled amazing. I got it from Cybilla but I think brambleberry sells her stuff now.

#8 ·
not sure. i do have to say i use lavender dr bronners on my infant son and he smells like tea after his bath-yummy! she probably had a mix of natural things.

#9 ·
I wear patchouli everyday and burn nag champa in my house. That combo always has gotten me compliments, (or at least queries), from strangers everywhere I go.

#11 ·
I use essential oils as perfume but the smell disappears in minutes. I also want to know how to keep my blends smelling fresh on the skin! I've noticed if I add some to my hair it will last longer, but still not too long. I don't know if there is a carrier oil or something that can be added?

#12 ·
This is old, but I couldn't help replying. I think it is two things...as others have said...first being patchouli and then maybe some natural deoderant. I use Toms of Maine with Calendula. It's very earthy smelling. I don't use much patchouli, but I sometimes burn incense. Could the earthy smell be sweat? My son swears that my sister and I smell the same, and he says this more often than not when we are a little sweaty. He loves the smell, saying it smells like dirt. I'm not sure that I found that very complimentary, but he did. : )

#13 ·
I also think that the reason a lot of those women smell that way ( i always just smell like wood smoke or sweat) is also because they cook with yummy spices. I know my kitchen smells super crunchy. I also second the amber oil and nag champa.

#14 ·
I love that smell. I have discovered that if I leave the lif off my box of essential oils, my room smells like that....but I can't seem to re-create it (even trying to combine all my oils doesn't work....sigh.

And CookiePie, I have the same problem. I;ve found if I dab some EO on my clothes it lasts longer. however, even conventional perfumes with tons of chemicals don't last long on me. I figure it has to do with body chemistry. Some people seem to absorb smells better than others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.