Leave in conditioner? - Mothering Forums
Natural Body Care > Leave in conditioner?
amcal's Avatar amcal 03:17 PM 08-17-2010
Anyone have a favorite leave in conditioner?

Oil isn't an option - I've tried it and it just doesn't work for us. I need something that will condition and detangle without weighing hair down.

Any favorites?

loon13's Avatar loon13 09:25 PM 08-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
Anyone have a favorite leave in conditioner?

Oil isn't an option - I've tried it and it just doesn't work for us. I need something that will condition and detangle without weighing hair down.

Any favorites?

I like Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner. I need to use very little on my just below shoulder length curly hair, so it's lasts me months.
Lit Chick's Avatar Lit Chick 09:57 PM 08-17-2010
What oil were you using? Anything other than a tiny bit of jojoba will be too much, im my exp.

I actually would say skip conditioner and do a vinegar rinse instead. It smoothes the cuticle or something, and my hair loves it. Take a bit of apple cider vinegar, dilute with water, and dump over your hair. Rinse out or not, your choice. The smell goes away when it's dry.
duckmom's Avatar duckmom 10:35 PM 10-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon13 View Post
I like Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner.
This is what I use, also.
herbmama3-7's Avatar herbmama3-7 08:21 PM 10-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post
What oil were you using? Anything other than a tiny bit of jojoba will be too much, im my exp.

I actually would say skip conditioner and do a vinegar rinse instead. It smoothes the cuticle or something, and my hair loves it. Take a bit of apple cider vinegar, dilute with water, and dump over your hair. Rinse out or not, your choice. The smell goes away when it's dry.
What kind of hair do you have? I have a lot of fine hair that tangles easily.
Ann-Marita's Avatar Ann-Marita 05:22 PM 11-25-2010

I have fine hair that used to tangle easily as a child and teen.

I use dilute vinegar rinse as the final rinse every time I wash my hair.  One part vinegar to 7 - 9 parts water (less water if my hair has been more oily lately).

It really works!  Leaves hair shiny and soft.  The cuticles (aka imbrications) are shut tight, which means tangles come apart more easily, the hair is shinier and less prone to damage, and more moisture is kept inside the hair shaft.

(My teen DD skipped the vinegar rinse once, a couple of months ago.  She complained that her hair felt dry and like straw.  I said, "Did you forget the vinegar rinse?" and she said that she had.  I told her to go pour some over her hair right away, even without washing.  She did, and told me later that she would never skip the vinegar rinse again, it made such a difference in her hair.  Ah, to be validated by a teen, ha ha.)

Cekimon's Avatar Cekimon 11:27 PM 12-16-2010

I found something at Whole Foods like I like and it smells so nice. I think it's called ShiKai ...or at least that is the name brand. Sorry not more help....

There's also another one that is supposedly natural, "It's a 10"  I like the Shi Kai better though.

impaz0330's Avatar impaz0330 02:39 PM 12-17-2010

I love Giovanni's conditioners too, just a little does miracles for my long thick curls.  I also use Hair One, you can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply, you can wash your hair with it instead of shampoo, or just use a little as leave-in conditioner. Both do wonders for my hair :)

Tags: Natural Hair Care , Natural Body Care
Up