Body Care @ Trader Joes? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am finally living somewhere with a Trader Joes and I was wondering what body care products they have available? Anything that you guys would highly recommend as far as soap, shampoo, etc?

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#2 of 7 Old 08-22-2010, 03:59 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My husband likes their unscented shave cream. They carry Toms of Maine unscented deodarant and mint toothpaste. (But we like different formulations of each and get them from WF). A lot of their paper products (paper towels, toilet paper) are highly rated as being greener than other store brands. We shop their a lot but not a lot of body care.
#3 of 7 Old 08-22-2010, 04:11 PM

We shop at TJ's a lot, but not for their body care. DH is there now, as a matter of fact, getting milk, eggs, fish, and who knows what else.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#4 of 7 Old 08-24-2010, 02:49 PM

I've only tried a few things, but they do have an SLS free shampoo. It is called Tea Tree Tingle and has peppermint, too. Probably not too good for kids, but great for grown ups.

Mama to Ainsley (7/01) , Finley (10/06) and Jade (10/06)

#5 of 7 Old 08-24-2010, 02:53 PM

My DH likes the Tea Tree Tingle stuff - It doesn't work for me. I *love* the Desert Essence Facial cleansing pads. Totally clears up my skin. Their "next to godliness" handsoap is nice. That's about it for us for their personal care items. It isn't a huge selection. We usually go there for nitrate free lunchmeat, yogurt, bread for when I am lazy, and other assorted food items.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#6 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypeanutsmom View Post
I've only tried a few things, but they do have an SLS free shampoo. It is called Tea Tree Tingle and has peppermint, too. Probably not too good for kids, but great for grown ups.
I love that line.
#7 of 7 Old 09-19-2010, 09:58 PM

They always seem to have good prices on the desert essences tea tree oil. We use their toilet paper and have no complaints (I like the 12 pack kind better than the 6 pack kind w/ the pink on the wrapper though). My biggest complaint is that, while they carry things like Tom's toothpaste, they only stock one or two varieties and never the kinds we use.
Not necessarily "body" care, but their lavender TTO dish soap smells AWFUL!! It smells like nasty public restroom hand soap to me, nothing like lavender or TTO.

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page