#1 of 6 Old 08-24-2010, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
3 T olive oil
1 t Tea Tree
1 t Eucalyptus essential oil
your shampoo.

mix well. apply with gloves and saturate scalp and hair. wrap in shower cap and wait 2 hrs. Then shampoo/rinse multiple times to remove treatment. Put conditioner on but dont rinse out. I used conditioner with coconut as Ive read lice are repelled by it.

When combing out - buy metal nit comb - and clean in bowl of water after each swipe and wipe well with paper towel. Then dip in apple cider vinegar. The ACV removes the glue that holds the nits/eggs. In fact, a lot of sites recommend doing a rinse of acv, or adding 3 T of acv to the initial concoction. Do this outside if possible. Back to the shower to rinse off conditoner and any loose debris.

Blow dry hair after treatment. then FLAT IRON - this will kill any remaining eggs/nits.

Repeat every day for 2 weeks for infested child Comb each time. Treat entire family.

this works! this is day two - and there isnt a nit in site! and there were HUNDREDS! The Apple cider vinegar is the key to removing the nits! My friend did this a few months ago and she has 3 kids, only one had it. No re-infestation!

Wash everything in hot water. What cant be washed can be put in dryer for 30min or bagged in garbage bags for 48hrs - or a week if your freaked out like i am. Include stuffed animals! Vacuum house.

good luck! HOpe this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
trying this now!!

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#3 of 6 Old 08-30-2010, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

may need to double for long hair.

Good luck! It worked for us!
#4 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Wow. That sounds like a lot of work. Years ago my niece reinfected my dd over and over again. My hair stylist told me to saturate her hair w/olive oil and put a shower cap on before bed. In the morning wash her hair out (it took three shampoos but still easier than your routine). The common denominator in my and your treatment was the 'two weeks' that it took for the hatching/suffocation routine to work.
#5 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

I guess mine is more involved bc Im paranoid about getting the lice and being done with it. I dont think doing just one treatment would be sufficient.

Now that the 2 weeks is up - i can tell you that last week i found 2 eggs/nits on her, nothing living. So i did 3 more treatments, nothing.

Because of school being in session, i didnt do treatments everyday, but 3 times a week. (My friend did them every day)

The flat iron was just my extra measure. But i think the blow dryer helps in the drying process of the eggs.
#6 of 6 Old 09-06-2010, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
I guess mine is more involved bc Im paranoid about getting the lice and being done with it. I dont think doing just one treatment would be sufficient.

Now that the 2 weeks is up - i can tell you that last week i found 2 eggs/nits on her, nothing living. So i did 3 more treatments, nothing.

Because of school being in session, i didnt do treatments everyday, but 3 times a week. (My friend did them every day)

The flat iron was just my extra measure. But i think the blow dryer helps in the drying process of the eggs.
I'm sorry, I was not clear. She sleeps w/her hair saturated w/olive oil, in a shower cap, for two weeks. The two weeks is what it takes for all of the eggs to hatch and suffocate w/out being able to lay more eggs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page