ACV for no-pooing rinse - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I do the ACV rinse do I do it all over my head or just the ends? Also, what vinegar/water ratio should I use for a oily scalp but dry frizzy hair?

Thank you
#2 of 8 Old 09-04-2010, 05:01 PM

When my scalp gets oily (which isn't often so maybe I'm not the best to give advice on that) I rub baking soda into it before the ACV. I use the ACV rinse roughly every 2-4 days. I do about 1:5 ratio ACV to vinegar & do it all over but concentrate on the ends.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#3 of 8 Old 09-04-2010, 06:00 PM

i use about 2 tablespoons of BS in 1-2 cups of water and pour it on my head...rub like i've got lather and then rinse well. i follow with 2 tablespoons of ACV in a couple cups of water & rinse well with cold water. you may need to adjust the ratio, but this works well for me (i have long hair) hth.

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

#4 of 8 Old 09-05-2010, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! This helped a lot.

How do you normally prepare the "solutions"? Currently I have a regular large cup and a measuring cup. I've been looking for large squeeze bottles but can't find them anywhere.
#5 of 8 Old 09-05-2010, 04:09 PM

I just use empty vinegar bottles & refill them with the BS or ACV solutions.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#6 of 8 Old 09-14-2010, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I use straight baking soda and straight ACV. I grab several small fingerfulls of BS and scrub it well into my scalp then rinse well. After that I dump a small amount of straight ACV on my hair starting at the scalp. My hair is gorgeous. I do this 2-3 times/week.

It seems like other people try to make it more complicated.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#7 of 8 Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 PM

I don't try to make it complicated, I try to make it CHEAP!! That's what's with the watering down, for me at least. I agree though that everyone makes it seem like you have to do the whole ACV thing a certain way with certain ratios when really you can't screw it up as long as you modify your approach based on your hair's needs.

I wish my hair was gorgeous. I can't stand it. It's better with the ACV then it's ever been in my life but it's still a big frizzy uncontrollable mess of curls. Share some of your gorgeous hair with me!! I'll make a wig next time you cut yours!! hehe

#8 of 8 Old 09-14-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
I use straight baking soda and straight ACV. I grab several small fingerfulls of BS and scrub it well into my scalp then rinse well. After that I dump a small amount of straight ACV on my hair starting at the scalp. My hair is gorgeous. I do this 2-3 times/week.

It seems like other people try to make it more complicated.
When I use straight BS, my hair gets too dry and breaks off near the roots.

And straight ACV really burns some body parts. Even diluted, keep it away from your eyes.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page