Does everyone shave their toes? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 106 Old 09-22-2010, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likie someone else posted on here--I too felt like I was the only one (besides my sister)and was a little embarrassed. I have really dark hair and am fair skinned. So I do shave my toes (and tops of my feet). If I don't you can see the black hairs adn that is not pretty. They only get shaved though when i shave my legs. I plan on waxing them though. Just so I can go long in between.
Although I think if i have fine very light hair i would not even bother with it.
#92 of 106 Old 11-15-2010, 04:22 AM

I shave my toes when I think about it or notice that the hair is getting unruly.  I do try to do it very carefully and have nicked my toes a time or two over the years.  A while back I switched from a conventional plastic women's razor (like a Venus) to an old fashioned steel safety razor.  I do find it to be a bit more challenging with the safety razor.

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

#93 of 106 Old 12-14-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectica View Post

A. Yes I do.

B. I thought I was the only one.

yeahthat.gif    I was made to feel very unattractive in my teen years b/c of my dark body hair.  As an adult I realize 1) it's not even that bad and 2) plenty of beautiful women embrace their body hair.  But I do still shave my toe and top of foot hair when I shave my legs (more in the summer less in the winter).  The sight of my toe-hair makes me cringe. . .I guess still a reaction to the old emotional stuff.  I used to tweeze them, but that was painful and caused ingrowns.  

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#94 of 106 Old 12-14-2010, 06:00 PM

When I shave, I shave my toes, my ankles, and the tops of my feet.  When I approached 40, the hair stopped growing on my knees!  how weird is that?  It stops about where knee-high socks would stop.  

I used to shave just to right above my knee caps.  Never shaved my thighs, but when I was about 15, my younger brother (14) thought it was gross that I didn't.

I do have way more hair than I need at my bikini line, but I despise shaving that area.  Years of gymnastics and having to keep it shaved have made me into a swim-boy-shorts loving woman.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#95 of 106 Old 12-14-2010, 06:34 PM

I pluck the toe hairs. They are wiry and dark and nasty, otherwise.

Of course, I also shave my arms weekly, pluch my upper lip and nair my backside... my hair removal stance is NOT crunchy.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

#96 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 08:36 AM

I do. I have very dark body hair though. My older sister told me this is part of shaving your legs, when I was about 11. She said you start with the toe and work your way up.lol.gif

I do it out of habit now.

#97 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 PM

I do too.  I don't do it very often, just when I or my husband notice that they are getting long.  It takes about two seconds and doesn't hurt. 

Kara - Homeschooling mom to Greyson (13), three lazy cats, two hyper dogs, and 11 crazy chickens.  Loving our life on 5 acres in the middle of nowhere.  TTC #2 for over 12 years.  Soon to be a stand-in mom for foster babies!
http://talesofatransplantedcitygirl.wordpress.com

#98 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post

My first boyfriend ever told me that most women shave their backs.

LOL  so glad he was mistaken!  And no....I don't shave my toes. 

#99 of 106 Old 12-25-2010, 07:14 PM

I shave mine when I shave my legs. I have tattoos on my legs and feet and like them to be seen! No hobbit feet for me! duck.gif

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#100 of 106 Old 12-26-2010, 03:05 PM

Yes, every time I shave my legs, I do.. but only my big toes. shy.gif Unlike on my other toes, my big toe hairs are pitch black and get really long and coarse for some reason. I also have to pluck a couple black hairs off from around my left nipple every now and then (lol it's only the left!!).. again, because they get very long and are very coarse, too. Those things pop up in random places all the time. I have one that grows on my right arm in the exact same spot every time that I have to pluck at least once a month. By the time I notice it's grown back in, I swear the darn thing is an inch or so long and sticks straight up! The rest of my arm hair is fairly light and short (there's just lots of it).

Wife and mother to 2 kiddos - 17 yr old DS jammin.gifand 13 yr old DD energy.gif.. and a cat that thinks he's a dog dizzy.gif
#101 of 106 Old 12-26-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post

Um........no. I do shave my legs and pits regularly. But I do not shave my toes:

Same here.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#102 of 106 Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM

ROTFL, when I saw the thread title I thought it was fake.  I had no idea this was done!

But, I just took off my sock to look at my toes, and I don't have any hair on my toes.  So I guess I've never had the need, lol.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#103 of 106 Old 01-01-2011, 07:41 PM

Whenever the mood strikes. I've never noticed whether other women have it. Just, randomly, I noticed it one day and gave it a swipe. I do have a few breast hairs, but they went away while I was pregnant and nursing. When they came back, they came back lighter.

I agree that this thread is hilarious!

#104 of 106 Old 01-04-2011, 05:45 PM

I've been plucking my toe hairs since I was very young. And the few that grow on top of my feet. orngtongue.gif

As previously asked - I do shave my fingers and arms though I'm mostly fair-haired. I have subdermal implants in both forearms that aren't nearly as pretty covered in hair. Before I got them I never shaved arms/hands/fingers. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#105 of 106 Old 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM

Shaving my legs used to be this nice, ritualistic thing I did with myself, and shaving all of my toes was a part of it.  This started in puberty.  During this time, I also shaved my arms occasionally.  I would also shave around my nipples if I noticed any hairs.  I have also shaved my tummy on occasion, usually after shaving my "treasure trail" & then noticing the regular downy hair then looked out of place!  I think my hairs WERE darker then, perhaps because of puberty hormones?

Now, I shave more rarely, and I'd be more inclined to pluck only the hairs on my big toes, but I haven't noticed enough to bother in the last few years.  There HAVE been times when it's gotten uncomfortable smushed inside of tighter socks or tights/stockings & I've plucked them (or actually gone at them with nail clippers, if I was uncomfortable & out in public at the time!).  It's for the same reason that I trim my pubic area semi-regularly; if I don't, I get the panty-equivalent of "hat hair" & it's very uncomfortable & I spend too much time scratching my mound or combing & brushing my mound whenever I pull my underwear down (I call it "panty p***y" (to match the aliteration of "hat hair") but DH thinks that sounds like some horrible disease)!  Plus, it ends up looking weird & not all going in the right direction, even if I try combing it before putting my underwear on after I shower; even if I blowdry it *blush* after a shower.  Trimming is easier than all that mess!

I do regularly pluck the dark & coarse hairs from my "treasure trail" & around my nipples.  I have also been horrified to learn that your nipple hair (can?) turns grey!  I have 2 grey hairs in my pubic (almost wrote "public" there - hahaha!) region, on the mons, and I have 1 grey hair (so far *sigh*) on my left nipple area.  While I have no trouble picturing myself with grey head hairs later in life (esp since I have so much already!), I just can't get used to the idea that someday I will apparently have grey pubes!

Oh, no one told me to shave my toes, it was just something I started doing when I was luxuriating in the leg-shaving process as a youngster. :)  I really did enjoy REALLY taking my time shaving my ENTIRE leg as a youth.  I'd fill the tub a bit after I was mostly showered & have the radio on & spend a good half hour (maybe more?) shaving my legs. *sheesh*  I wish I had that kind of time & patience these days!

#106 of 106 Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 AM

I read the thread title and thought, "what on earth? like shave the skin off?"  I am glad I am not the only one who didn't even know about this!  I have seen hair on guy's toes.. but I honestly had no idea that women grew hair on their toes.  After I clicked on this I checked.. and I have nothing on my toes, just like that other person said.  So most women do have hair on their toes?? I also didn't realize people shaved their arms like on person mentioned.  I have to look very very close to even see the hair on my arms.

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page