Henna question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is henna only for ppl with gray in their hair? I can't seem to find a definite answer but I'm assuming no? It just seems that ppl use henna mostly for covering gray.

Also, does anyone have a good website that would teach me how to go about using henna? Thank you
#2 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Absolutely not! Henna can be for any color hair and there are so many different colors that can be made with Henna I'm amazed! This looks like a pretty good site.
http://www.suite101.com/content/usin...ye-hair-a41859

#3 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I henna and I don't have grey... That I know of anyhow... And my dd loves henna and she certainly doesn't :-)

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#4 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 12:00 AM

i use henna! hennaforhair.com is an excellent site. download the free ebook.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#5 of 6 Old 10-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Henna for Hair

This site is AWESOME. I have naturally dark-golden blonde hair... I have some natural reddish tones in my hair, and when I highlight with henna(I have done entirely henna-red) I get SOOOO many compliments. Henna takes you natural color and does some amazing things with it. A huge bonus... If you highlight(my sis is a professional stylist, and i have her foil it in like commercial color) using henna, as it grows out it looks far more natural than commercial color. Henna fades over time, but not in a yucky washed out blah kind of way. I could go on and on and on. I LOVE this stuff. Anyway, if you go the Mixes page on the HFH website and look for Chrissy in the second column... That's me! Used to be they gave away free henna if you submitted your mix and a picture. This was back when I did my full head in henna. I did it a few(maybe three?) times more after this first one, and ended up with some really intense red... Very typical rich carroty wildness in the sunshine and almost Jessica Rabbit red in indoor lighting. My hair grows so fast, I'd have roots pretty quick(wouldn't have been an issue if I'd only hennaed once) so eventually went to highlighting. Everyone thought it was my natural color. Maybe if I get some time I'll try to link to some pictures after the multiple applications.
#6 of 6 Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ir/newred4.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ir/newred7.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ir/newred1.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...hairsmall6.jpg

Hope that works. Link to my henna hair! Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any pictures that really show how the highlighting works... In photos it seems to just blend in. Rest assured that it's really cool though.

ETA: The picture in the black sweater is from my first application. The other three are after what was probably the third application. You can see how dark it look in the indoor pic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page