getting rid of down there hair - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 02-12-2011, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If you want it totally bare for cheap buy Magic Cream.

It is made for ethnic men's coarse hair so it works magic down there.  It stinks to high heaven, but the results are great.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 PM

Has anyone tried this shaver?

http://www.shavingstuff.com/archives/002325.php

#33 of 33 Old 02-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Cyllya - actually, yes! Almost 10 years ago I anxiously sent $50 to someone over the Internet for it (though it was referred to as something else at the time - but it's exactly the same razor) & amazingly it actually arrived!  ;)

Both DH & I LOVE this razor!  It works best as a "touch-up" razor; when I ordered mine, it came with some other brand of electric razor (LadyFair, I think) for "free" to mow the lawn (so to speak), and then you use the silver one on your stubble.  If you plan to use it every day/every other day, it's great; once a week, not so much.  It works best on stubble & when it's dry; if it's hot & sweaty out it's recommended to powder yourself down a bit so it glides better.

Though it was advertised at the time for use on the pubic area (since it doesn't "bite" like other trimmers), I ended up using it everywhere - it worked awesome on my underarms & hubby used it on his face as well as his head when he was rockin' the Mr. Clean 'do.  *grin*  I think it's "bitten" me exactly once, and I used to use this baby twice a day at times (I was an exotic dancer for a time & have pale skin with black hair & stubble seems to show up the second I get out of the shower after shaving, for goodness sake!). I've also used it on my legs, but surprisingly, it didn't work *quite* as well there (though it did work).  I really seems designed for thicker stubble (like pubes or a beard) & it does it's job well.

In fact, I *STILL* have the razor now!  It STILL works - DH uses it now & then, 8-10 years after I purchased it!  Of course, it doesn't get the workout it used to, but I used & abused the hell out of this razor; nevermind the workload DH added on top of it!

I found it to be an EXCELLENT purchase, WELL worth the money.  I'd forgotten all about it, since I don't really shave anymore; thus when I DO shave, it's far too much for this little number to handle! ;)  However, as a daily razor for the pubic area, it's really nice, does the job, is durable (it bounced around my knapsack to & from work on public transit as well as being dropped more times than I'd care to admit) & is attractive as well.

HTH!

ETA: Back in the day when I ordered mine, it was something awkward like the "BodyWorx" too, where you ordered through an email address or something & it seemed VERY sketchy.  I know it wasn't called that (it was advertised as the "Cleancut" & mine says Cleancut - Seiko), so I don't know if it's the same person who finally named their company or what. But that's why I was so nervous sending the money, because it seemed sketchy as heck & I was afraid of losing my $$.  It came, though, and it was bundled with the same looking trimmer this "company" is bundling with this renamed version.  The original was named Cleancut & was by Seiko, so I dunno if you can maybe find another one using that name.

EATA: Last edit, I swear!!  Amazon carries this, and MUCH less expensive!  You can read other reviews there, too.  http://www.amazon.com/Cleancut-ES412-Personal-Shaver/dp/B001IZZX1C

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page