What to do about my "new" old skin - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-24-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I looked in the mirror the other day, I mean REALLY looked.
I havent done that in probably a year. Being pregnant and having my 3rd really made me forget about myself.
I eat a healthy diet and wear a little bit of natural make up when I feel inspired.
I look old.
Im going to be 36 and I cant believe it. I dont care about that, but my face looks tired and wrinkly.
Im not going to fight the aging process, but I do think I could look better.
I know all the nutritional stuff to do (which is the most important) and I have been slacking. Even when Im not doing great Im still eating a good amount of fruit and veggies everyday.
Any good things to do for my aging face?
Sleep isnt so bad. I night nurse and co sleep, but Im able to get 7-8 hrs.
#2 of 4 Old 10-24-2010, 12:09 PM

I am generally fairly comfortable with my aging process. I don't look in the mirror a lot, and am usually making a straight face when I do. I thought "I'm lookin' pretty young!" Then I caught sight of myself in a mirror as I passed by smiling and laughing, and thought "Who's that old crone?" LOL. The laugh lines have certainly deepened!

Sorry, just a BTDT. My only remedy thus far is not looking really closely in the mirror.

Wife to DH and mama to DD(7) blahblah.gifand DD(5) moon.gif...Lola the Wiener Dog dog2.gif, Faulkner the Little Giant dog2.gif, Ginger the Wonder Cat cat.gif,  Azkaban the blue parakeet, Sunny the yellow parakeet, 3 nameless hermit crabs, and a whole bunch of fish!

#3 of 4 Old 10-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
water?

if you are sleeping enough and eating well why is your skin so 'tired'.

stress? in a funk. bored. need some inspiration?

need a break? not enough time to do ANYTHING for yourself. even a 30 sec breather sometimes?

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#4 of 4 Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM

I had this exact moment a few months ago. I stopped using all chemical products when I had my DS, and then just didnt think about it for almost a year. Then I really LOOKED, and freaked!

I started doing a 10 min honey mask once in a while, and moisturizing at night with olive oil. My skin is looking much 'fresher' and brighter lately IMO.

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page