BPA-free lip balm tubes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to make some lip balm for the winter for the fam, but can't seem to find any lip balm tubes that are BPA-free; or at least state that in the description. Glass would be fine too, but I can only find glass for little tubs. Because my kids touch everything, I don't think them putting their fingers in the balm and then on their lips would be good. More chance for those winter germs to enter. Any leads ladies?

Update! I have found that most of these tubes are made from polypropylene (plastic #5), which doesn't leach BPA but may leach other potentially harmful chemicals. I would ideally like something non-leaching.

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-05-2010, 10:24 PM

I wish I had an answer, I have been searching for non-plastic and compostable tubes for a long time. I will keep my eye on this post. Good luck. What is the best option you have found so far?

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#3 of 3 Old 11-18-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

The best option I found so far was from Mountain Rose Herbs. The have clear lip balm tubes that are made form '85% PCW recycled content'. They are still #5's though. I emailed customer service and she said she would like a stainless steel option but has not seen the item appear on the market yet. I searched endlessly for glass or metal and have found nothing. I am guessing it does not exist in the US at least at the moment. I may get the PCW type and just keep the ingredients as cool as possible when filling the tubes. 

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page